49. The train

The next day we woke up early to go to kings cross station.
"James, give me my book!"
"I will if you give me my hair brush."
"I haven't got your hair brush, it's not like you use it anyway."
"Where is it then?"
"I don't know."
"Prongs, its in your back pocket!" I said, from the table, James had been turning the house upside down for about two hours.
"Oh right, thanks," James said and he dashed off upstairs, Lily sat down next to me and picked up my toast.
"Hey, that's mine," I protested, Lily ignored me and bit into it.
"You've already eaten like four pieces this morning," she said, "I haven't had anything."
"Fine," I muttered, pulling on a jumper, "have you got all your stuff?"
"Yeah, Mr and Mrs Potter are loading it into the car."
"I'll go get my stuff, I can't believe we're going back already." I went up to my room and hauled my trunk downstairs and into the drive, where Mr Potter was pushing Peter's trunk into the boot.
"Just leave it there," he said, "I'll load it after Lily's." I left the trunk on the gravel and turned back to the house. After Mr Potter had loaded all our trunks into the car we set off, I was sat by the window next to Remus. For most of the journey I stared out the window while the others talked and laughed. We arrived at Kings Cross and Mr an Potter loaded our trunks onto some trolleys and we pushed them into the station.
"Have a good year," Mrs Potter said, "don't get into trouble."
"We'll try," James said, smirking at Sirius.
"Lily, keep an eye on these three for us," Mr Potter said, indicating me, Sirius, Remus and James.
"I will," Lily said, grinning, Mrs Potter hugged each of us and we wheeled our trolleys towards the barrier.
"Prongs! Merlin's beard!" I said, as James smashed his trolley into mine, he grinned at me.
"Muggles," Remus muttered in my ear, there were about ten muggles staring at me.
"Oh, yeah."
"Right, ladies first," Peter said, he looked at me.
"When did I switch places with Padfoot?" I said, smirking.
"Excuse me," Sirius said, "princess coming through," he pushed his trolley towards the barrier and slipped through.
"Lily, you next," I said, bowing.
"I think you mean James," Lily said.
"Ok, princess James," I said, "you next." James chuckled and pushed his trolley through the barrier and out of sight. I was just about the push my trolley through the barrier too when Lily grabbed my arm.
"There's someone watching us," she whispered,  nodding to a small girl staring at us, next to a woman talking to a man.
"Did she see them go through?" I muttered, acting as though I was looking at the timetable.
"I'm not sure," she replied.
"What's going on?" Remus said, pushing his trolley towards us.
"There's someone watching us," I muttered, nodding at the girl.
"Oh right, Wormtail, over here," he said, gesturing at Peter. I turned round to look at the girl, she was about four, she had curly blond hair, green eyes and was wearing a black dress. I smiled at her, and she turned round to the woman, she had long red hair and brown eyes, they looked nothing alike. She bent down and looked at me, Remus, Lily and Peter, then whispered something his her ear. She stood up again and talked to the man, who had light brown hair and green eyes. The girl stood there staring and I saw the couple walk off without her.
"Melody! Come on," the woman called behind her, the girl ignored her and carried on staring, the couple walked out of sight and the girl turned round to look for them.
"Mummy?" She said, desperately looking around, I moved forward towards her.
"Lyra!" Lily hissed, "what are you doing? We have to go." The girl saw me and ran into the crowd of people, I stoped and turned round.
"Let's go quickly," Remus said, I pushed my trolley through and looked round for Sirius and James, I saw Sirius talking to some Ravenclaws and James beside him looking bored. Remus appeared next to me and we went to find a compartment, I sat down next to the window and pulled my rubber duck out and set it in the table. Remus snickered a bit and I looked up at him.
"I don't want my water to spill on it," I said, he smiled and shrugged. Sirius slid open the door and him and James sat down.
"Where's Wormtail?" James said, "we thought he was with you."
"I dunno, he was with us, and so was Lily," I replied, looking out the window.
"Look, Wormtail is over there," James said, pointing out the window, Peter was talking to a Hufflepuff girl with blond hair.
"Wormy's got a girlfriend," Sirius sang.
"He's doing better you then," I said, grinning at him.
"I could get any girl I liked," Sirius said.
"Yeah, you just don't keep them," I muttered, James started laughing as Sirius glared at me.
"I can keep them if I want!" He said.
"Yes, brother dear, but the problem is you don't," I said, pulling out my book.
"I, I haven't found the write person," he said, defensively.
"Most of us will be dead by the you do," I said, flicking through the pages.
"Hang on, you're not aloud to talk to me like that," he said slyly.
"And why not?" I said, he smirked mischievously.
"Remember our bet?" He said, my heart dropped.
"What bet?" Lily said, as she walked into the compartment.
"The bet that, Moony, Padfoot and Greypaws made at the beginning of Christmas," Peter said, sitting down next to Remus.
"What did the bet include?" James said.
"Greypaws said that you wouldn't kiss, Moony said you would get together and Padfoot said that you wouldn't kiss," Peter said.
"And now it seems me and Moony have won," Sirius said.
"Fine," I said, pushing 10 galleons into each of their hands.
"And you're also our servant," Sirius said, I groaned and leant back into my chair.
"This is going to a long month," I said.
"Don't worry, you'll have me," Remus said, putting an arm round me.
"Yeah, and it's not like you're gonna make me do the same as Padfoot," I said.
"Well, I'd love to stay but I need to go and find my friends," Lily said, standing up.
"Aren't we your friends?" Sirius said.
"Hmm maybe," she said, before leaving.
"This is going to be a fun journey," Sirius said, rubbing his hands and grinning at me.