47. Winter holidays

The next few days passed quickly, James and Lily went on their first date to a near by cafe.
I was trying to get them to kiss without giving away anything, my plans had failed and I only had a few days left.
"Do you think you're gonna kiss?" I asked Lily upside down, she was reading and I was hanging from a tree branch above her.
"I dunno," she said, airily.
"I think you should," I mused, flipping down, she looked up from her book, slightly amused. The others came out and sat down near us, I grabbed Sirius and Remus's necks in my arms and sat down with them.
"Greypaws," Sirius said, his head bent over.
"Yes?" I replied.
"Could you maybe let go?"
"Nope," I rocked them side to side, laughing.
"Don't forget," Remus whispered in my ear, "you've only got one more day." I stopped rocking and released them.
"I think they might've kissed in private," I pleaded.
"You have to actually catch them or have them tell you," he whispered back.
"Fine," I said standing up to climb the tree, I hung from the tree, talking from above them.
"Can we go to the village?" I said, "I'm bored."
"I think the market is closed today," James said.
"No I just want to walk somewhere, do something not just hand here," I replied, dropping from the tree and landing in my feet.
"Ok, let's go then," James yawned, Sirius stood up and stretched. James told his parents that we were going and we walked out the gate and down the road. I kept my eyes on James and Lily, just in case they snuck a secret kiss, I soon got bored of watching them and ran ahead up the hill.
"Greypaws, wait up!" shouted Sirius, I got to the top of the hill and waited for them to catch up. After they'd caught up we went into the muggle village, non of us had any muggle money so we just wondered round looking in the windows, we ended up sitting in a muggle park on the swings, talking. After it started to get dark we walked back and had spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. The next two days passed quickly and soon I was packing to go back o Hogwarts.
"Have you seen my potions book?" Lily said frantically looking under her bed.
"Yeah, its in your trunk," I said, I had finished my packing, except for a few things I would do later, and I was sitting on my bed reading a book on defence against the dark arts.
"Oh yeah, ok I think I'm done," she said, straightening up and sitting down.
"Good, now I'm going to plan a prank on the boys," I said, closing my book and standing up. I opened the door and heard a creak then I was submerged in icy cold water, I gasped as I stepped out of the doorway into the landing. I heard laughing from next to me, I reached out a hand and pulled the invisibility cloak off three boys, James, Sirius and Remus. Lily poked her head out and raised her eyebrows in an amused way at me.
"You're gonna pay for that," I said, I could see water dripping from hair in front of my face, I shook my head and sprayed them all with water.
"Your face," James gasped, through laughter. I grinned embarrassedly and walked back into my room to dry off and plan my pranks. I slammed the door and heard the boys laughing down the hallway. I used my wand to dry myself off and all the time I was talking to Lily.
"I'm gonna get them, what should I do?"
"Well-"
"Maybe I'll do one big prank, I mean they deserve it."
"Yes bu-"
"Or I could prank them separately, small things one at a time."
"That's go-"
"I can't believe that they pranked me!"
"You were pl-"
"I thought I was meant to prank with them but-"
"LYRA BLACK!" Lily shouted.
"No need to interrupt me," I said, staring at her.
"Yeah, sorry, I know it's annoying isn't it?" She said, "but what I was trying to say was that I could help you prank them and you could do them all separately then one big one."
"Oh, that's a good plan why didn't you say before?" I asked, Lily groaned and flopped onto her bed.
"Let's start planning," I said
"Muffliato," Lily said, pointing her wand at the door.
"So I was thinking maybe for Prongs we could drop a bucket of lust potion, not too strong just enough for the others to be attracted," I said, grinning.
"Ok, how about for Sirius we change his soap with ink so he'll turn blue?" Lily said.
"Yeah, that's a good one," I replied, writing down the ideas, "how about Moony then?"
"Hmmm, how about we put flour in his bed to when he sits down it covers him?" Lily said.
"Yeah, we should do it all at the same time and then lead them to the kitchen, for the big prank," I said, reading through the notes.
"Ok so what's it gonna be?" Lily said, thoughtfully.
"Umm, so they're in the kitchen, the lights go out, we get Peter and Mr and Mrs Potter to be out the house, and then umm."
"Oooo," Lily said, "so we have Sirius covered in ink, Remus covered in flour and James in lust potion, we lock the doors so they're locked in the kitchen and then we wait so see how they react, after about 10 minutes the potion should take effect then we open the back door, then run out and we push them into the stream."
"Yeah, I can't wait to see their faces," I said, "let's do it tomorrow the day before we go back so they can't prank us back."
"Ok," she said, "this is gonna be great."