41. Explanations

Me and Remus walked up to the headmaster's study.
"Chocolate frog," I said and the statue jumped aside. We stepped onto the staircase and it brought us up to the door with a gryffin knocker. Remus knocked twice and we waited a few seconds.
"Enter," a voice from inside said, Remus held the door open for me and we walked in. Professor Dumbledore and professor Mcgonagal were waiting for us.
"Sit down," Dumbledore said, gesturing at two chairs in front of the desk. Me and Remus sat down and looked at Dumbledore. "How did it go last night?" I bit my lip and glanced at Remus.
"Well, I didn't transform," I started slowly, Dumbledore and Mcgonagal stared me.
"Well, it might be something to do with the super moon, Mr Lupin, did you transform and did anything different happen?" Dumbledore said calmly.
"I-I could control the transformation, I could change at will, and I erm," he said, glancing at me. Dumbledore nodded and turned to me.
"Did you experience the same?"
"Not exactly, I didn't transform and i didn't feel like I could but it- we both said we felt the same," I said, slowly.
"Please explain what happened," Dumbledore said.
"Well, first when the moon came up, I had a really bad pain in my head, then, I erm, we kissed and it went away," Remus said biting his lip nervously. Dumbledore merely nodded, Mcgonagal sniffed.
"Nothing happened to me at first," I said, "but when I went into the moonlight the same thing happened."
"I'm just going to take a stab in the dark here," Dumbledore said, "but I'm guessing you both felt reckless, and strong?"
"Umm, yeah," Remus said, "how did you know? I've never experienced that before."
"I'm only guessing, that instead of your physical appearance changing your mental one did," Dumbledore said.
"What?" I said, without thinking.
"Let me explain," he said thinking, "your mind didn't get put into a wolf, the wolf's mind was put into you, the wolf would've been reckless and felt strong and as you two are," he paused, "friendly the wolf would've recognised that." We nodded.
"Professor, what about me not transforming?" I asked hesitantly.
"That's curious, we will see what happens on a normal moon," he replied, "if there isn't anything else then I will bid you good day." We shook our head and left the office. We walked in silence to Gryffindor tower and when we walked in I was suddenly knock backwards. I steadied myself and I realised Lily had hugged me.
"Hi," I said breathlessly.
"What happened?" She said quickly, "Sirius came up here about 1 in the morning shouting about Remus." She suddenly turned to Remus and stared at him.
"It's ok," I said, "look we'll explain what happened."
"Ok," she said, leading me to some chairs around the fire, James and Peter were sitting there.
"Now?" I asked, I was quite tied actually.
"Yes," she said, hands in her hips.
"Fine," I said dropping into an armchair. She took the beanbag opposite me and stared intently at me. "Basically, the super moon made me and Remus like wolves in our minds instead of our bodies," I said quickly, to confuse them.
"Right, so that meant you two weren't yourselves?" James said slowly.
"Yes," Remus said.
"What's that?" Peter said, pointing at my neck, I lifted my hand up to my neck. Lily stared at it then went into a fit of giggles, Remus went slightly red and James grinned.
"What?" I said angrily.
"You've got a love bite," Lily said, still giggling. I rubbed my next, it must've been from last night.
"Lily can I borrow some foundation or concealer or what ever it is," I said, blushing.
"Yeah," she said, "I'll get it later." I groaned as I leant back in my chair. We talked about what happened after we left and at about 1 Sirius came back with loads of food, he put it on a table and people just helped themselves to food and drink.
"Hey, Greypaws, want a sweet?" Jack said, he was smiling innocently as he offered me the packet.
"Yeah, ok," I took one and examined it, "you're smiling too much, you're eyes are showing your excitement," I said, grinning, "I'm guessing, animal," I sniffed it,"monkey? No lion." I handed him back the sweet, "you'll have to wake up earlier to fool me," he looked utterly dumbfounded as his friends laughed.
"Wow, you're really good," he said in awe.
"Yeah, if it makes it any better I can get James to eat it," I said, he nodded and I looked at James who hadn't noticed Jack. "Hey, Prongs," I said chucking the sweet at him, "have that," I pretended to eat my own sweet. He popped it in his mouth and immediately started to roar like a lion, everyone started to laugh, but me and Remus didn't, it was funny but it also reminded me of last night. Jack went back to his friends as James went back to normal. We talked and laughed till about 7 when me and Remus went to bed early.