27. Ride home

"Lyra! Have you seen my wand?" Lily yelled at me, it was 7am and Lily has forgot to pack her trunk and was now panicking.
"It's behind your ear," I sighed, watching my wolf run around my bed.
"Oh yeah, thanks."
"No problem," I yawned stretching out on my bed, "I know amazing."
"Yeaaah, almost finished," Lily said throwing her potions books into her trunk.
"Watching out!" I exclaimed, the enchantment might go off," I had put an anti-intruder jynx on her trunk.
"How sensitive did you make it?" Lily said, throwing a bag of marbles in. It exploded, all her neatly packed, books, robes and clothes flew out of her trunk, a tub of paint flew out and landed on my head, I screamed and glared at Lily who had potion ingredients over her head. The trunk was still throwing stuff out so we ran out, into the common room.
"Woah!"
"What the hell happened to you?"
"Is that blood?"
"No it's paint you idiot, Lily what's that?" Yeah you guessed it, the rest of the marauders were sitting in the common room.
"Lily's trunk started throwing her stuff out," I panted. They started laughing at us, James's eyes were watering and Sirius was rolling on the floor.
"Can you help us?" Lily said, glaring at them.
"Yeah, I'll help," Remus said standing up, he was still laughing slightly. "Tergeo!" Remus said point his wand at me, then at Lily.
"Thanks," I breathed, "anyone else gonna help us?" The others got up and followed us to our dormitory, faint crashes and bumps were coming from inside.
"Ladies first," James said, bowing.
"Coward," I muttered, before walking in timidly. The trunk was hurling Lily's clothes out of her trunk.
"Immobulus!" James said and Lily's items froze in mid air. We moved forward and I muttered to counter jynx for the anti-intruder jynx and James said the counter curse for the freezing charm. Everything fell to the floor and we started to throw things into Lily'a trunk, we were done in about half an hour. Sirius held up some of Lily's bras then going red and flinging them at James, James looked at them then went red too then threw them at Peter, they'd landed on his head and Lily snatched them away, bright red. After we finished it was time to leave, I grabbed my wand, my Alice in Wonderland book, jumper and the baby wolf. We all went to the entrance hall which was full of students.
"Let's wait on the grounds," James said and we walked to the lake waiting until we saw everyone leave.
"You're all invited to my house this summer," James said spreading his arms.
"We'll probably be over then," Sirius said making a stick levitate.
"Yeah, I think as long as our parents don't find out about Remus I'll be fine," I said.
"I might come over later, I mean it's kinda boring at my house," Remus said throwing a stick into the lake.
"Let's go," Sirius said, "they're starting to leave, we should take our compartment." We ran to the gates and took the carriages to the train, I took one last look at Hogwarts, my home before it was hidden by trees. I smiled sadly at my knees, Remus squeezed my hand, I looked up at him, he was smiling.
"You'll be back before you know it," he whispered and I grinned.

The train was waiting at the station as as we walked on Hagrid passed out the usual 'no under age magic after you get off the train'.
"Why do they give us these?" Sirius asked as he burnt his one with his wand, "I mean if you live with an adult wizard then it doesn't matter." I shrugged and slumped down next to the window.
"Whose for a game of exploding snap?" James said pulling out a packet of cards. We played for a while then when the trolley came me and James brought one of everything and we shared it all. 'The train will be arriving at King's Cross in ten minutes please collect all your items and don't leave anything behind' I looked up from watching mine and Remus wolves chasing each other. 'Almost back with my parents, almost back to hell' I thought.
"What do you think?" Sirius said turning round wearing a Gryffindor jumper and tie round his head.
"Wow, our parents are gonna kill you," I said smirking, "let me get mine!" I pulled on my Gryffindor jumper and twirled around, laughing.
"You really hate them don't you?" Remus said.
"Nah, we love them really," Sirius said, we all burst out laughing, everyone knew me and Sirius hated our parents.

We arrived at King's Cross and we all got out and loaded trollers with our trunks, my hands were sweating, I hadn't seen our parents since last summer, I hated them and wished I could stay at Hogwarts but I couldn't so every year I would endure six weeks of pure-blood mania. The station guard let us out in threes and fours so as not to draw attention to ourselves. While we were waiting I looked round for Lily, she was arguing with Snape, I saw her storm away to some Gryffindor girls, I caught Snape's eye and he glared at me.
"Ready?" The station master said, "3,2,1 Go!" Me Remus, Sirius, James and Peter walked through the barrier into the muggle world. James and Peter walked straight to their families to greet them but me Remus and Sirius stayed looking round.
"There are our dear parents," Sirius said pointing to two dark haired people with grim faces. They spotted us and our father raised his eyebrows at our jumpers.
"Quick!" I said pulling Remus in front of me, "I don't want them knowing about us."
"Umm, yeah sure but how is using me as a human shield going to stop that?" Remus said looking down at me, he was tall enough to hide me so my parents couldn't see. "Also my parents can see."
"Yeah, well your parents are nice," I said.
"Yeah, what do you need me to do anyway?"
"I want to say goodbye," I said smiling, I went on tip-toes and kissed him.
"Oh," he said, glancing at Sirius who was saying goodbye to James.
"I'll miss you," I said.
"Yeah, so will I but I'll probably see you at James's house," Remus replied pushing my hair out of my face, I grinned and went over to James and Peter. We all said our goodbyes then me and Sirius walked to our parents, we didn't smile.
"Sirius, Lyra," our father said, nodding.
"Father," we said, we waited for Regulus then we left, I looked back to see Remus talking happily to his parents.

Remus p.o.v
She reached up on top-toes and kissed me, I hadn't expected it. Then she smiled at me.
"Oh," I said, grinning back, I looked over at Sirius just in case he saw, but he was talking to James.
"I'll miss you," she said sadly.
"Yeah, I will too, but I'll probably see you at James's house," I replied, brushing  one of her strands of hair out of her eyes. We walked over to The others and said our goodbyes then I walked over to my parents. They hugged me tight, I had missed them.
"Who was that?" My mum asked, smiling at me.
"Lyra," I replied.
"Is she your girlfriends?" My dad said, putting an arm round me.
"Yeah," I said blushing. They beamed at me, and I grinned back. I looked over to see Lyra and Sirius with blank expressions, walking to their parents. They didn't hug them or smile, they just nodded. I felt bad for them. Me and my mum started talking about school and what I had learnt. We started to walk out when she said,
"Is that her parents?" I looked up to see Lyra and her family in front of us.
"Yeah," I replied, "they're pure-blood maniacs, but her and Sirius don't care." My parents nodded and we started talking about school again. When we got to the car I saw Lyra looking sadly at me and my parents, before she disappeared.