30. Potter and Black

After breakfast we got into the Potter's car and drove to King's cross station. On the journey there Mrs Potter told us stories of James when he was small, we were all laughing at James's unamused face.

When we got to King's cross Mr Potter put all our trunks on a trolley and we all walked towards the barrier between platform nine and ten.
"Right, Lyra and Remus you go first then James and Sirius then we'll follow," Mrs Potter said. Me and Remus pushed our trolleys in front of the barrier then with a glance around us we ran at the wall. Just before we crashed into the barrier we ran onto a packed platform with students and parents talking and laughing. I glanced around then me and Remus went into the train to find a compartment. Remus helped me push my trunk onto the shelf and then we went back onto the platform to say goodbye to Mr and Mrs Potter.
"I hope you'll come back for Christmas," Mrs Potter said.
"I dunno, we're studying for our NEWTs now we might have to study," I replied.
"Well, then next summer," she said beaming.
"Deal," I said. She hugged each of us before letting us go. However just as she let go of me, a hand grabbed my wrist and I looked into the face of my father. My blood froze and I stared at his face, which was contorted with rage.
"You won't be attending school this year," he hissed as he pulled me away from the group. Sirius tried to pry his hand off my wrist but our father grasped his wrist as well.
"Let them go," Mr Potter said, his tone was calm but his eyes were threatening.
"I do not believe it is any of your business," my father spat, "they're not your children."
"They're as good as," Mrs Potter said, standing next to her husband, me and Sirius stared at them, they were defending us like parents, "they come round to our house every summer and a few weeks ago they turned up on our doorstep with their bags and a gash on Lyra's face."
"Well then I will be sure to punish them for being to intrusive," my father said.
"No need, we will take care of them," Mr Potter said taking hold of my father's wrist. A crowd had gathered round us, watching what would happen, Remus was by my side, I intertwined my fingers in his. My mother had appeared beside my father now and she looked disapprovingly at me and Remus holding hands.
"I suggest you let go, before this gets any further," Mrs Potter said, coolly.
"Are you threatening my husband?" My mother said.
"Maybe I am," Mrs Potter replied. Lily popped up at my side and I saw my father's eyes narrow at her.
"I suggest you leave our children with us, we don't want them mixing with Mud-bloods like her," my father spat his eyes on Lily.
"I suggest you don't fill our children's minds with horrible filth like that," Mrs Potter hissed. Lily's parents had come to Lily's side and so had a few other parents, try all looked threateningly at my father, him and my mother were outnumbered and I could tell they knew.
"Fine, take them!" My father spat throwing Sirius and me his grasp as if we were disgusting. "Go and join a filthy blood-traitor family." And with that my parents swept away. I watched them walk to the barrier then walk through it. Mrs Potter hugged me, as I watched Regulus board the train.
"Thanks," I said when she let go.
"It's nothing," she replied, "you won't have to see them again." I smiled at her.
"Are you ok?" Lily's mother asked me.
"Yeah I'm fine, thanks," she smiled at me, then we all jumped on the train. We went to our compartment and we waved out the window at Mr and Mrs Potter and Mr and Mrs Evans.
"Well, I'm glad that's over," James said stretching out in his chair.
"Yeah, wow fancy that," Sirius said hitting James's head, "out of the way."
"Yeah, your mother said we were as good at her children," I said to James, as Sirius sat down where his head had been.
"Yeah," James said, thoughtfully, "looks like you're my sister now."
"Hey, where's Wormtail?" Remus said suddenly.
"Dunno, probably got lost on the way to the compartment," James said, unconcernedly.
"Yeah, sound like something he'd do," Sirius said.
"Remus, lets go, we have Prefect duties," Lily said.
"Oh yeah, I'll see you later," Remus said, he bent down and kissed my head then left with Lily. Sirius glared after him, before James kicked him.
"It's Lyra's choice," he said, "you don't decide who kisses her."
"Well I feel protective," Sirius replied.
"What did you get in your OWLs again?" I asked, changing the subject.
"I got and Outstanding in defence against the dark arts Exceeds expectations in charms, transfiguration an potions for divination and herbology I got acceptable and then passable for everything else," James said ticking off the subjects on his fingers.
"I got Outstanding in defence against the dark arts, Exceeds expectations in everything apart from potions, divination and muggle studies, which I got acceptable, oh yeah a dreadful on history of magic," Sirius said.
"I got Outstanding in transfiguration, potions, defence against the dark arts, care of magical creatures and charms, then exceeds expectations on astronomy, ancient runes and herbology and acceptable on everything else," I said, grinning.
"How did you get ten OWLs?" James said in awe, I shrugged. Suddenly a whistle blew outside and the train started to move, we quickly waved out of the window and Mr and Mrs Potter got smaller and smaller, then we rounded a corner and they were gone.