13. One secret for one wish

Remus but his lip, he was paler than I'd ever saw him.
"You don't have to tell me," I said, trying to comfort him.
"No, I will," he breathed.
"Ok," I said looking innocently up at him.
"Right, you know that potions lesson when we were making the love potion?" He said staring at a patch of grass.
"Yeah?" I answered.
"I asked you about werewolves, and you said that the nice ones would only reveal themselves to people they trust," he said, I nodded and waited.
"And Fenrir Greyback said about the last time we met?" He carried on, I nodded again, anticipation crawling up my back, as I realised Remus had stoped brushing my hair.
"Remus-" I started but he cut me off,
"Lyra, please, listen." I looked at his eyes, they were glistening with unshed tears.
"I'm a monster," he said and I could hear the disgust and self loathing in his voice, "I'm a werewolf."

I stared at him for while, not believing, not wanting to. The sweet kind boy I had known for five years, a mindless killer on full moon? No he's still the sweet, kind, thoughtful, loving boy I met on the train and grew up with.
"No!" I said confidently.
"What?" He said in confusion.
"No, you're not a monster," I said.
"Don't try and convince me I'm not," he muttered.
"I-" but he cut me off again.
"Lyra, I'm a monster, a freak and killer," he said as tears cascaded down his cheeks. I didn't know what to say but he carried on, "I have another secret," I held my breathe, ready for another shock, but all I heard was, "I love you, Lyra." I stared at the back of his head as he looked at the castle, and I realised something, so did I. I reached for his face and turned it to face mine. His eyes were blazing with pain but the blue softened when they met my grey.
"I love you too," I said and I kissed him. He seemed shocked for a few seconds then he started to kiss back, he wanted me, I could tell, and I wanted him. His hands brushed my hair and I melted, he felt me shiver and I could tell he had realised my weakness. I wrapped my arms round his next, and we kissed passionately, one of his hand brushing my hair and the other round my shoulders. We broke apart and he stared at me, I smiled at him and after hesitation he smiled back.
"You like your hair being brushed?" He said after a few seconds if awkwardness.
"Yeah," I said blushing, "whenever someone does it to me I instantly relax and melt." He smiled at me.
"You still love me? Even though I'm a monster?" He said.
"No, I love you even though you have a problem that's not your fault," I replied taking him by surprise, then he grinned at me. I curled up beside him and put my head on his lap as he started to bush my hair again.
"I've had a crush on you ever since third year," he mused.
"Really?" I said surprised at this, as he had never shown any sign he liked me in that way.
"Yeah, but I was nervous that you would reject me because of what I am," he continued as I shut my eyes.
"Is that why you boggart was me shouting at you?" I asked.
"Yeah and the others dead, were because I'm scared I'll hurt them," he replied.
"So they were going to try and be animagi to keep you company at the full moon?" I mused as things began fitting together.
"Yeah, I can't hurt them as animals," he replied.
"And that's why you fell asleep at the quidditch tryouts, you had just stayed up all night at the full moon?" I continued.
"Yep, every full moon I get smuggled out to the shrieking shack, through a secret passage under the whomping willow," he said.
"Right," I said trying to stuff everything into my head.
"You won't tell anyone? Will you?" He asked, ceasing the brushing of my hair.
"Of course I won't," I replied in shock.
"Ok," he said relieved. We sat in silence just watching the lights of the castle dance and change colour.
"We should probably get back, soon," I said with no real conviction.
"Yeah," he replied, absentmindedly brushing my hair again. I checked my watch just to make sure we weren't out after curfew, which had been made later for tonight we had to be in the castle at 8:30 and in our common rooms at 11:00, it was  8 right now.
"We should actually get going, it's eight o'clock," I said lifting my head up.
"Alright," he said getting up as well. We walked back to the castle, our arms intertwined and my head on his shoulder.
"You know you owe me a wish," he suddenly said smirking.
"What?" I said stopping at the oak doors.
"You said if a real, you know someone like me, admitted it you would give them a wish," he replied still smirking.
"Oh yeah, what do you want then? Me to bring you breakfast everyday?" I joked.
"Hmmm tempting but no," he said and after some thought he said, "go out with me?" I stared at him.
"You get another wish," I said as we walked into the castle and the noise from the ball exploded.
"What?" He said.
"You get another wish," I repeated, "as I would've said yes even if it hadn't been compulsory." He looked at me for a second the hugged me.
"Ok, I'll think of something else," he whispered. And we started to walk back to gryffindor tower, not wanting to go back into the ball. Suddenly we heard some clattering from a corridor to the left. We went to see what was wrong and we saw Sirius staggering around, clearly drunk.
"What in merlin's beard are you doing, Sirius?" I whispered frantically.
"Oh, hic, hey sis," he said hiccupping.
"Let's get him to bed," Remus said taking Sirius' arm.
"R-hic-emus I don't think we should get ahead of our-hic-selves," he said. I giggled as Remus turned red and started to haul Sirius with him.
"Help me," Remus groaned under the weight of Sirius, I rushed forward and hauled his other arm over my shoulders and we half dragged half carried Sirius back to the common room.
"Firewhiskey," Remus gasped to the fat lady, she shot a reproachful look at Sirius then swung forward. We dropped him down on the sofa and he soon fell asleep.