37. Scars dont heal

Sirius and James were half carrying Remus, it appeared his wounds had started to open up.
"Remus!" Lily exclaimed, James and Sirius dumped Remus on the bed next to mine and Lily stared at him. Madam Pomfrey came running out of her office.
"Out! Everyone who isn't injured out!" She said, Lily, James, Sirius and Peter left the hospital wing, closing the doors. Madam Pomfrey dabbed potion on Remus's raw and bleeding flesh, he had his face scrunched up in pain.
"There," she said after about an hour of applying dittiony, "they should started to heal, now miss Black yours won't be so easy." She pulled out different potions and put them on the bedside table. "I'm afraid I'll have to open your wounds back up so they mend properly," she said starting to dab potion on my face. I felt the pain as my wounds started to open back up. "It's going to painful," she said dismissively, when I let out a gasp of pain.
"How long will it take?" I asked.
"A few hours to open them up then another few hours to start to heal them all," she said.
"I could do it," I suggested.
"Ok, you have to dab this green one on all of your wounds, then put these bandages on them," she said, "I must go and talk to the headmaster," she walked out the ward. I looked over to Remus, he was staring at me, we were both think the same thing 'what's going to happen?'. I started to dab the potion on my arms and chest, and flinched as they opened up. I started to struggle when I had to put it on my back.
"I'll do it," Remus said, standing up, he himself was covered in bandages. I handed him the bottle and cotton wool and he took it and started to dab. I flinched when it touched my skin and he stopped.
"Carry on, it's going to hurt anyway," I said. He started again, I felt the wounds opening up but he tried do it as gentle as possible.
"Finished," he said finally, stepping back, he took his wand out and started to make the bandages wrap round he wounds.
"Remus?" I said.
"Hmm?" He said securing a bandage with his wand in between his teeth.
"Don't beat yourself up, this isn't your fault." He stopped, I turned round to look at him.
"I'm sorry," he said, I reached out and held his hand and squeezed it.
"Don't be," I said, he looked at me
doubtfully. I pulled him closer and pressed my lips against his. He hesitated, then started to kiss me, his lips were soft and warm, his fingers started to play with my hair as my hand brushed against his cheek. Suddenly there was a noise behind us and we jumped apart and turned round, the door was slightly open, a hand just visible, Remus quickly went back to his own bed as the door fully open and Professor Dumbledore strode in, followed by Professor Mcgonagal and Madam Pomfrey, they were all talking so I doubt they saw me and Remus kissing. Dumbledore looked at me, with a kind of pity in his eyes, they seemed to be x-raying me, then they moved to Remus, he looked up at Dumbledore.
"Please explain," he said, disappointment just hidden behind his voice.
"Professor, please it's all my fault," I said quickly, he turned to me.
"Explain then," he said calmly.
"Well, last night I saw Remus sneak out, and I wanted to know what he was doing so I followed him, then I saw him transform but I couldn't get away quick enough," I said, looking at my hands.
"I'm afraid that this isn't going to end well," Dumbledore said sadly, "and you Mr Lupin-"
"Don't punish him!" I said without thinking, "it's not his fault, it's mine." Dumbledore surveyed me for a second then turned back to Remus.
"Will not be punished," he said, his eyes twinkled at Remus, he smiled weakly back at him.
"Headmaster, I must insist that I tend to my patients," Madam Pomfrey said. Dumbledore nodded and turned to Mcgonagal and they started to have a whispered conversation as they walked out.
"Miss Black, please take this for your ribs," she said, handing me a goblet of potion, I drunk it and it seared my throats and I could feel my ribs burn. "And this for your arm and leg," she handed me another potion, I drank it and it felt like ice as my leg and my arm felt like they were dipped into ice-cold water. "This one for your wounds," she handed me another potion and I drank it, a warm sensation all over my body as I felt the skin mould together, I looked at my arm, there were some faint scars. "And this last one for your bite," she handed me the last goblet and I drank it, it felt like it was in my blood as the bite knotted itself together. She nodded and turned to Remus, giving him only two goblets.
"Miss Black, I believe the headmaster wishes to talk to you alone, so if you could go up to his study, I believe his favourite sweet is chocolate frogs," she said. I slid out of bed and made my way to the headmaster's study.  Thoughts kept chasing each other round my head as I walked through the corridors, would I actually transform into a werewolf? What's going to happen to Remus?
"Chocolate frog." Does Dumbledore know I'm an animgagus? Will I get into trouble? I knocked on the door.
"Enter," a calm voice from inside said. I opened the door gingerly and walked into a circular room, full of strange objects and in the middle was a desk with Professor Dumbledore sitting behind it.
"Madam Pomfrey said you wanted to see me," I said nervously, looking at him.
"Yes, I did, please sit down," he said indicating a chair in front of the desk, I sat down and looked round the room. "I except you know why you're here," Dumbledore said. I nodded,
"I think so Professor."
"Yes, then it is my sad duty to tell you, there is no cure, you will become a werewolf just like your friend Mr Lupin," he said gravely, I stared up at him, itching to ask him about animagi but I kept my mouth shut. "Every full moon, you and Mr Lupin will go to the shrieking shack and spend the night there," I nodded. "I'm afraid that your first transformation will be more painful however you will be slightly more in control than normal, I must ask you to help Mr Lupin in controlling himself, some scars never heal," I looked up at him, his eyes were surveying me, I nodded my head again. "I suggest you don't tell anyone about where you go, otherwise people might complain," I nodded again, I wasn't sure what to think.
"Professor, is there anyway someone can be bitten and not have any effect?" I said carefully, hoping he would mention animagi.
"No, not unless they were in animagi form," he said simply, my heat skipped, I wanted to ask more but I knew it would be too suspicious.
"Unless there is anything else you wish to discuss," he said lightly, maybe it was just me but I felt as though he knew I was hiding something.
"No, sir," I said.
"Very well, I shall see you later," he said and I got up and walked to the door.
"Goodbye, professor," I said and I walked out. I couldn't help but grin as I walked back into the hospital wing. Madam Pomfrey insisted on me resting in bed, I didn't object and when she left I told Remus what had happened. He looked extremely relived when I told him I was fine.
"I would've hated myself if you became a monster like me," he said leaning back on his pillows.
"You're not a monster," I protested.
"Well it's lucky as the next time is a super moon," he said grimly.
"What does that mean?" I asked curiously, turning on my side to look at him.
"I'm not entirely sure," he said slowly, "but I think it means there's no memory or control and the monster is even more strong." I raised my eyebrows at him.
"Well I'm going to have a tough job next time," I said.
"Next time? I'm not letting you guys come with me anymore," he said.
"Don't be daft," I said, "of course we're coming, anyway even if the others can't I have to, everyone thinks I'll transform too." He sighed and stared at the ceiling.
"Fine, this time the others are not coming, only for the super moon," he said.
"Deal," I replied.