17. The wolf within

I am bored, Bored, bored, I'm slowly going crazy. Is this even worth it? I haven't been able to speak for about a week, and there's still three more to go. I'm dying, slowly, inside my mind is my deteriorating into mush , mashed potato. I seem to hear more when I can't speak, I listen I'm too other peoples conversations; I heard a strange rumour that, Rita Skeeter was meeting Lucius Malfoy at the wishing tree. These were my thoughts as I fell asleep on the Sunday after we had started the ritual. The board worked well but you couldn't shout if someone was ignoring you, Remus was very good at interpreting what I wanted to say, but he couldn't always be there.

"Lyra," I groaned and turned over, "Lyra, are you feeling ok?" I buried my head into my pillow, "Lyra it's time to get up," I opened one eye to see Remus crouching beside my bed, "morning sunshine, are you ready?" I nodded and got out of bed. We went down to breakfast, James, Sirius and Peter were already there, I waved at them and James wrote on his board, 'hey, I was thinking that we could actually do this as a contest and see who wins' I nodded, I wanted to win all the chocolate and sweets and non-homework months.
"Ahhh, quiet for even longer," Remus said with a fake sigh. After breakfast we went to the prefects bathroom, which was luckily empty.
"Right take the leafs out and put them into deprecate cauldrons," Remus said, we all put the leafs in the cauldrons and they all turned different colours, James' went a light brown, Sirius' went black, Peter's went a darker brown and mine went a silvery-grey. Remus stirred the potions then added some ingredients.
"Are they ok?" James croaked. I pointed at him then waved my wand and words appeared on me board, 'you're out! You talked!'.
"What? That's not fair," James said, Sirius grinned and flicked his wand, 'just us three now'.
"Right ok drink this," Remus said handing me a goblet of potion, everyone looked at me, I took a breathe a drank it. I felt it rush down my throats, it burned then froze.
"Lyra are you ok?" Sirius said, I nodded, then said,
"Amato Animo Animato Animagus."
"Ha! Your out Sirius and Lyra," James said, punching the air. I flicked my wand and the boards said 'doesn't count for me I had to speak', then I closed my eyes as the potion hit my stomach, then a wave of warmth swept over me.
"Are you ok?" Remus said advancing forward, again I nodded and smiled at him, "ok James you next." James drank the potion and had the same reaction as I did, then Sirius then Peter, each of them with the same reactions . Remus gave us each a flask of the potion and we had to drink every day for a week.

One the second day Peter had lost by being to over exited   when he knew an answer to a question, the whole class had gone silent and then started to cheer for me, the first thing I did was hug Remus and I said,
"Thanks." He grinned at me.
We were still drinking our potion and reciting the same word everyday but now it was the last day and I couldn't wait to see what I would turn into. I had also received lots of sweets and chocolate for winning and people kept coming up to me and telling me they'd won a bet they'd had on me.
"Lyra," someone whispered in my ear early on the last day, "we're meeting in the bathroom come on." Sirius was leaning over me grinning. I got up and we went to the bathroom.
"Hey," James said when we walked in.
"Hi," I yawned.
"Ready?" Peter said.
"Yep," I replied.
"Ok let's go then," Sirius said and we drank the last of our potions, instantly we all doubled over, coughing and spluttering, Remus looked quite amused as he sat watching us. I felt my body change shape as I fell onto all fours and after a second I wasn't looking at James, Sirius and Peter, I was looking at a deer, dog and rat.
"Wow, it worked!" Remus said jumping to his feet, "right to change back into human just think about being upright and human." I thought about it and I felt myself shift to being upright and I saw James, Sirius and Peter shifting as well.
"You're a wolf," Sirius said, grinning at me.
"Am I?" I said, "you're a big black dog."
"Cool."
"You're a stag, James," peter said.
"Yeah you're a rat," James replied.
"Let's all have nicknames!" Sirius suddenly said, "Remus is Moony, James, you can be prongs!"
"Sirius you be padfoot!" I said giggling.
"Peter can be rabies!" Sirius said laughing.
"No," James said, "Peter can be... wormtail and Lyra-"
"Lyra can be greypaws," Remus interjected.
"Yeah, right so we're, Prongs, Padfoot, Greypaws, Moony and wormtail," James said grinning. We all started describing each other's animal and the markings, as we walked back to the common room. I was a wolf, a greywolf, like Remus both wolves. I wonder if he likes my wolf?

Note: I let my friends help write ye first paragraph, wanted to see if it worked.