19. Brothers cuse

"Lyra! You're awake!" Lily squeal as she hugged me, I groaned as a stab of pain shot through my side, "oh I'm sorry," she said pulling away.
"What happened?" I said looking at my other visitors, James, Sirius, Remus, Lily, Peter, the Gryffindor quidditch team, professor Mcgonagal and Professor Dumbledore.
"Malfoy knocked you off your broom," Sirius said darkly.
"You fell about 150ft," Remus said, looking worried.
"How are you feeling?" Dumbledore said softly, I looked into his piercing blue eyes.
"Like I've been hit by about one thousand bludgers," I said, he chuckled.
"Well you did just fall off for broom," he replied smiling.
"Is she awake?" Madam Pomfrey said bustling over, "ah yes right, Ive mended your ribs, your nose, and your skull and arm are still repairing."
"Ok," I said, suddenly aware of bandages around my head, ribs and arm. Professor Mcgonagal and Professor Dumbledore left after they'd seen me awake and fine, then the Gryffindor team left to change, leaving Remus, Lily and Peter.
"It's dinner now, do you want me to get you something?" Lily said jumping off my bed.
"Umm could I get something small if you can," I replied.
"Ok," she said beaming at me, "come on Peter let's go get something to eat, Remus?"
"You go I'll stay with Lyra," Remus replied. He looked at me like he was in physical pain.
"You could go you know, you look a bit peaky," I said as he sat on my bed.
"Nah, is rather stay with you," he replied smirking, I smiled back.
"I'm going to murder Malfoy," he said suddenly.
"Really? I was under the impression being over protective was Sirius job?" I said grinning.
"Yeah well now I can take over, I mean you are my girlfriend." He leaned over and kissed me, I kissed back but he suddenly jerked away, I opened my eyes to see him against the wall with Sirius' wand at his throat.
"What are you doing?!" Sirius yelled.
"I- we," Remus stammered as Sirius wand dug into his throat.
"Sirius stop!" I shouted sitting up straight, but Sirius ignored me as he glared at Remus.
"Sirius mate, they are going out," James said lightly.
"Yeah but I don't expect to walk into my sister kissing my best mate in her hospital bed!" Sirius spat.
"Sirius black!" I shouted at him as I got out of my bed and pushed him away from Remus, "what hell do you think you're doing?!"
"I don't want to see my sister kissing in public!" He shouted in my face.
"You're one to talk!" I yelled back, "how many girls have you been snogging since last Friday? Probably about ten!"
"What on earth is going on!" Madam Pomfrey said, rushing out of her office, "miss Black you should be resting and I don't want fighting in here." Sirius gave Remus a murderous glare then stormed from the room.
"Miss Black if I can ask you to get back into bed, you need to rest," madam Pomfrey said and I slipped back into bed, everything hurt about a thousand times more from getting up.
"Remus are you ok?" I said.
"Yeah, I'm fine," Remus croaked.
"I'll go and sort Sirius out," James said and he left too.
"Come on you too, this girl needs rest," madam Pomfrey said trying to shoo Remus out.
"Ok," he said, giving me a kiss on the head, "I'll see you later."

When I got out of the hospital, with my arm in a sling I found that Sirius and Remus weren't talking and that Remus spent most of his time alone. Lily was hanging out with Sniverlus, James was trying to convince Sirius and Remus to talk and Peter was hanging around James and Sirius.
"Defence against the dark arts next."
"You're changing to subject, where did you get that bruise on your arm?" I said hurrying after Remus.
"It doesn't matter," he replied.
"Then tell me," I said.
"Fine, I hit it on a wall," he said. I didn't believe him but we had arrived in defence against the dark arts.
"Today class we will be practicing duelling," Professor Merrythought announced, "I have chosen your partners, and they are' Frank and Lily, James and Alice, Severus and Lyra, Rita and Peter, Sirius and Remus," I didn't hear any of the other groups, I was looking at Sirius who was grinding his teeth and Remus who was fiddling with his wand.
"Move into a space and when I say, start duelling, to disarm only!" Everyone started to move around, I moved to the middle and faced Smiverlus, he sneered at me when I looked over and Sirius and Remus.
"3,2,1 Go!"
"Expelliamus!" I yelled but he defected it. I defected his silent curse, 'patrificus totalus' I thought, but he defected it again. We were moving around each other firing silent spells. Then something made me whip round, Remus has let put a grunt of pain, Sirius had fired sectimsempra at Remus' arm and his sleeve was turning red and his face had gone white. No one has seemed to notice except me and Sirius, I ran forward and Sirius looked horrified at what he'd done.
"Remus, I'm sorry," Sirius said, I crouched down next to Remus and rolled up his sleeve, it was covered in blood and he had sunk to his knees.
"Professor!" I shouted as I tried to stop the bleeding.
"What's going? Oh my!" People started screaming as they saw Remus kneeling on the floor, white as chalk, me and Sirius by his side and my hands covered in his blood.
"You two," Merrythoght said indicating me and Sirius, "take him to the hospital wing quickly!" Me and Sirius half carried Remus to the hospital wing, he was growing paler and paler, will blood was all over my right arm.
"What in earth?" Madam Pomfrey said, as we staggered in, "put him on a bed quickly!" We put him on the nearest bed and he looked extremely faint. Madam Pomfrey hurried over with a bottle of green liquid.
"Out of the way," she said, she started to dab the liquid on Remus', he flinched at her touch.
"Will he be ok?" Sirius said anxiously.
"He'll be fine, maybe some scaring," she replied, "do you know who cursed him?"
Me and Sirius didn't say anything, but madam Pomfrey didn't notice as she was fussing over Remus. After about half an hour Madam Pomfrey satisfied that Remus was recovering she went back to her office, Remus had gone unconscious and me and Sirius moved closer to his bed. He muttered something in his sleep.
"I'm so stupid," Sirius said, staring into Remus white face.
"Yeah," I growled.
"Lyra, I truly regret this."
"Then why do it?"
"I was angry that I was loosing my sister, annoyed it was my best friend and frustrated when he just kept deflecting my attacks," Sirius said looking at me.
"So you decide to take some of his flesh?" I hissed.
"I've told you I didn't mean to, but I just got so angry and it was the first thing that came to me," he replied. I sniffed and held Remus' hand, it was white but warm and I squeezed it.
"Shouldn't you get going? I said.
"It's full moon, in three days," Sirius said quietly.
"Yeah, great time for him to be in the hospital wing," I growled.
"Fine, if you don't want me here I'll go." I heard Sirius get up and the door close behind him. I closed my eyes and a tear fell silently down me face, I didn't want him to go, I wanted him to hug me and tell me it was all ok, but I couldn't stand what he'd done. I brushed Remus' hair away from his eyes, and rubbed my thumb against a his forehead. He moaned in his sleep and I smiled, how could he be anything but a kind, sweet boy?