32. Feast

We sat down at the Gryffindor table, I sat next to Lily and opposite Remus. The first years were lead out by Professor Mcgonagal, they were all terrified, I saw a brown-haired boy looking as though he was about to be sick. I stared at him, not noticing what that hat was saying, he was looking around him terrified, he reminded me of me when I was in my first year.
"Burrow, Jack," the brown-haired boy stepped nervously forward, he put the hate on gingerly. Everyone sat there in silence watching him, it was about 5 minutes before the hate finally shout,
"GRYFFINDOR!" There was a huge cheer from our table, I joined in clapping as hard as I could, he grinned nervously and took the seat on my left. We watched the rest of the first years get sorted. Stella Adams, Jacky Tyler, Stewart Finnigan and Rose Smith were sorted into Gryffindor, before me and Lily stopped listening and had a whispered argument about rules and pranks.
"Rules aren't meant to be broken!" She hissed.
"Yes they are," I whispered.
"And now, let the feast begin!" Dumbledore said, and the golden plates fill up with all sorts of food.
"Rules are made to be broken," Sirius said, eating a sausage.
"Nothing's made to be broken!" Lily said, cutting her broccoli.
"Glow sticks," I said.
"Christmas crackers," James said.
"Piñatas," Remus added.
"What's a pin-yati?" I asked, Lily and Remus looked at me.
"Well, it's like a cardboard animal, full of sweets," Remus said.
"And you hit it with a stick," Lily interjected.
"Right," Sirius said, "we should get a pin-yatah."
"Yeah," I agreed, "so there are things that are meant to be broken."
"Yes, maybe but not rules!"
"Rules, are made to be broken, if they aren't then they don't do anything," the brown-haired boy next to me said, nervously.
"Yes, thank you!" I said looking at Lily, she stared at her dinner annoyed.
"Isn't your name Jack?" I said to the boy.
"Yeah," he said sheepishly.
"I'm Lyra, but my friends call me Greypaws," I said smiling at him.
"Yeah, all of us except Lily," Sirius interjected.
"Well, yeah," I said, "that's Sirius my brother or Padfoot, the boy in glasses is James or Prongs," I said pointing out James and Sirius who did kind of brows. Jack laughed.
"This is Remus or Moony," I said nodding at Remus, "that next to Lily is Peter or Wormtail, and this of course is Lily," I said.
"Ok," he said grinning at everyone, "what year are you in?"
"Sixth," Sirius said, "so if there are any idiots bullying our favourite first year then they'll have us to answer too."
"Thanks," Jack said blushing.
"No problem, are your parents wizards?" I asked.
"No? They're muggles," he said, "I heard that if you're muggle-born then you're second class to pure-bloods."
"Who told you that?" I said outraged, "there are three pure-bloods sitting around you, a muggle-born and two half-bloods and you wouldn't know which, because we're all the same." He nodded nervously.
"Hey do you want a nickname?" James said, "Lily won't answer to them so she's just Lily but you can have one."
"Ok, how did you come up with your ones?" He said excitedly.
"Oh, well is was," I said, glancing at Remus.
"They were kinda random things that linked to us, like Prongs had a stag patronus," Remus said quickly.
"I don't know what mine is," Jack said.
"Don't worry, we'll think of something," Sirius said.
"Yeah, meet in the sixth year boys dormitory at 10 tonight, and we'll decide," James said.
"Yeah, we can have like a first night party," I said, Jack grinned and we finished eating our food.

After about and hour Dumbledore stood up and stretched his arms wide.
"I hope you've all had a lovely feast!" He said and the hall went silent. "I have a few messages, biting boomerangs are on the banned list this year, no magic is to be used in the corridors between lesson, no one is to go into the forest, no one is aloud on the grounds after 5:30 and no one is aloud out of their common rooms after 8." There were some murmurs, "now I bid you all a good night and hope you all get enough sleep, pip, pip," the hall started to clap.
"Is he a bit mad?" Jack said.
"Mad?" I said, "he's a genius, well I guess he is a bit mad yes." Jack grinned at me. Everyone started to file out of the hall,
"Fist years follow me!" Lily called above the head of Gryffindors.
"Why?" Jack said, walking next to me.
"Oh just in case you get lost on the way to the common room," I replied, "but if you stick to me then you'll be fine."
"Hey, Burrow! You've got a girlfriend!" A boy with black hair called from the Slytherin end.
"Slytherins are vile," I said turnings around to walk up the stairs.
"He was the one on the train that said muggle-Borns were second class," Jack muttered.
"Don't listen to him," I said, I'm a pure-blood and Lily is muggle-born she is smarter than anyone in our year and she is really nice, Jack nodded.
"Password," the fat lady said.
"Ummm," I said, I didn't know the password, then someone tapped me on the shoulder.
"It's toadstool," Remus said and we walked in, he looked very tired. "How long have I got?" He asked wearily, I pulled out my necklace and check it again.
"About a week," I replied.
"Until what?" Jack asked, I jumped, I hadn't noticed him.
"Oh, until he has to take his medicine, Remus is very fragile," I said quickly.
"I'm not fragile," Remus said indignantly.
"Of course you not," I said leaning my head on his shoulder.
"I'll see you two later," I said waving goodbye to Jack and Remus.