26. Aches and pains

I woke up, I was wrapped in warm sheets. I could hear soft voices, they weren't distinguishable but they sounded hurried, like they didn't want anyone to hear.
"I've sent an owl to her parents," my eyes snapped open and I sat up straight.
"What?" I said, my back hurting from sitting up.
"I've sent an owl home to your parents," professor Mcgonagal repeated, "lay back down, you need to rest."
"Why?" I asked leaning back into some pillows.
"As it's our duty to send a message to your career if something happens to you," professor Mcgonagal said curtly.
"They won't care," I muttered, "they only care about Regulus."
"Well, I've sent it now," she replied, "I shall let your brother, Mr Potter, Mr Pettigrew, Miss Evans and Mr Lupin know your awake and fine, I expect they'll be racing up here." I nodded and bent my head back. Mcgonagal and madam Pomfrey left my bed. I was trying to remember why I was laying in the hospital wing for like the second time this year. I suddenly remembered Malfoy and the quidditch match, and Snape, Snape he didn't want to curse me? Why? I'd taunted him and cursed him for over five years. I stayed thinking for a few minutes, wondering how Sirius and Remus knew where I was. Then I heard running footsteps, shouting then Sirius, Remus, Lily, James and Peter bursted through the doors.
"Lyra!" Lily squealed as she ran to my bed and hugged me.
"Argh, still fragile," I murmured and she recoiled quickly.
"Sorry, I was just worried."
"It doesn't matter, don't apologise," I muttered.
"What were you doing going into the forest with Malfoy and Snape?" James demanded.
"I thought I was just Malfoy and he said he had a message from my parents, then Avery and Crabbe jumped out and grabbed me."
"You trusted him?" Peter said in awe.
"No, I had my wand but Snape took it off me."
"I'm gonna kill old Snivillus," Sirius said sinking his fist into his hand, menacingly.
"It wasn't him," I said quietly.
"What?" James said.
"He didn't want to curse me, Malfoy told him to use the cruciatus curse but he didn't want to," I said, sitting up.
"He probably just didn't want to get into trouble," James said.
"Maybe," I said.
"Why are we talking about Snape?" Lily said suddenly, "the feast is tomorrow."
"Yeah, can't wait," I said. We talked happily for hours but at about half six Madam Pomfrey told my friends to go back to their common room, so they said goodbye and I was left to swim in my own thoughts. I had forgot to ask Sirius and Remus how they knew I was in the forbidden forest.

"Yes, fine you may go to the feast, but be back here after for a potion," Madam Pomfrey said after I had badgered her for and hour.
"Yes, thanks," I said and I slipped out of bed gingerly, my body still ached, and made my way to gryffindor tower. I was just thinking about a large plate of chicken legs and lamb chops, when I walked into something soft. Stumbling backwards I looked up and saw Remus.
"Sorry," I said smiling at him.
"No, it's my fault I wasn't watching where I was going, you feeling ok?" He replied.
"Yeah, well no my whole body still aches like hell." He chuckled, I moved forwards and hugged him.
"Thanks," I whispered.
"No problem," he replied.
"Hey how did you know i was in the forest?" I asked suddenly breaking apart.
"That Ravenclaw seeker came and found us and said you were in trouble, I didn't believe him at first then my necklace started to burn, I didn't tell you but it started to heat up if we are in trouble or when you say 'help me'."
"Oh," I said, "it was his fault I was there, him and Malfoy planned it but then he got cold feet."
"Oh, well now he's on my kill list," Remus said, smirking.
"Yeaah, lets go to gryffindor tower then let's go to the feast, I want to change," I said wrapping my arm in his and we stared to walk to the common room.
"Stay here, I'll be out soon," I said when we got outside my dormitory.
"Ok, shout if you need me," Remus replied.
"Why would I need you? I'm getting dressed." He grinned innocently. "Oh shut up," I said trying not to laugh. I went into my dormitory, it was empty, I looked for some clothes in my trunk and retrieved, some black skinny jeans, a red checkered shirt, a pair of red converse and a gryffindor jumper. I quickly dressed and walked out of my dormitory. Me and Remus walked down to the feast talking about different beasts and creatures, when we got in there it was decorated in red and gold for gryffindor.
"Greypaws! Moony! Over here!" Sirius shouted over the heads of gryffindors. We walked over to him, James, Peter and Lily.
"How you feeling?" Sirius asked me as I seated myself next to him with Remus on my other side.
"Like I've fallen from space," I replied, taking a goblet of pumpkin juice.
"I thought I must've hurt when you fell from heaven," Remus whispered in my ear, I choked on my drink.
"I didn't know you were into those sorts of cheesy pick up lines," I whispered back. He grinned at me. The feast went on for ages, I ate, talked, laughed and joked. Dumbledore stood up near the end and said,
"I would like to congratulate Gryffindor on winning, not only the house cup, but also the quidditch cup," there was a loud cheer from Gryffindor, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. "I would also like to say that I am in the hope that you leave this year with your heads full of stuff, I wish you all a happy holiday, I bid you all stay safe and I will see you next year!" The whole hall erupted into applause as Dumbledore sat back down, and people started to file out of the hall.
"I'll meet you in our dormitory," Sirius said, walking over to a group of Ravenclaw girls.
"Yeah so will we," James said grabbing Lily's arm and dragging her off.
"Well, it just leaves us, Greypaws, Moony and Wormtail," I said turning to face Peter, but he wasn't there, "oh, well just you and me Moony."
"Yeah," Remus said putting an arm round my waist, I grinned at him as we made a detour, down a abandoned corridor.
"What are you gonna do this summer?" I said as we sank onto the floor in the dark corridor.
"Probably read, my parents don't really do much with me," he replied. I rested my head on his shoulder.
"Well I'm probably going to hide from my parents, then try and go to James' house," I said. I shivered, Remus had started brushing my hair, I saw him grin in the darkness.
"I'm gonna miss you," I said.
"I'll miss you too," he said shifting his position, to face me more. We stared at each other for a moment, then he leaned in and kissed me, I kissed him back, my arms wrapping round his neck, his hand brushing my hair, the other cupped around my cheek. His lips were warm and seemed to move with mine perfectly, his thumb brushed my skin lightly and I smiled against his lips. We broke apart grinning at each other, we got up and went to gryffindor tower, not speaking.

I slipped into my warm bed and few minutes later, my eyelids were heavy and I fell asleep quickly.