40. Super moon's power

My head was killing me as I pulled on my robes for class. I grabbed my stuff and went down to the Gryffindor table, I barely ate as I felt sick, I just pushed my toast around. I suddenly heard something, like a thumping sound, it was getting louder, I covered my ears as someone put a hand on my shoulder, Sirius, James and Remus were there.
"Hi," Sirius said.
"Hey," I said, trying to act like I wasn't dying inside. I was dreading the night, but whenever you are dreading something, it has a habit of speeding up, soon it was first break, then lunch, then lessons had ended and I was heading to the common room to dump my bag.
Then it was time to go to the shrieking shack.
"Good luck," Lily said hugging me, I nodded as my mouth was too dry to speak. Me and Remus walked to the shrieking shack together, I had told Sirius to wait outside the shrieking shack after we'd gone in. We went onto the grounds, and to the whomping willow, Remus used a tree branch to prod the knot on the tree and it stopped moving. We crawled into the passage way and made our way down it, it opened into the shrieking shack, we went into a room just opposite the opening.
"You looked ill today," he said.
"So did you," I replied.
"That's my point," he stared at me, I shrugged and moved to the corner of the room.
"Lyra," Remus's voice was tense and scared.
"Yeah?" I said turning round.
"I can feel it, it's strong, I don't think I can control it." I moved forward to Remus and hugged him, he clung to me as though he didn't want me to leave. I suddenly felt him shaking and I tried to pull away but his arms had become rigid and his grip was too tight.
"Ow, Remus, you're hurting me," I said as I felt his claws on my skin. I managed to pull away and I looked at him, he was shaking and I could see the pain on his face. I moved forward but,
"No! Stay away!" He said, "I can't control it."
"Remus, you have too, you can't attack anyone," I pleaded.
"I-I can't " he growled. I couldn't stand to see him in such pain, I moved forward. "Lyra, I'm so scared, help me," he said, his eyes were big and fearful, his hands were over his head in pain.
"There must be something," I said panicking, he looked at me then he grabbed my head and pressed his lips against mine, I kissed him hoping it would work, but the kiss was different, it felt more passionate. I could feel him shaking and changing and I went to pull away but he held me, I was stuck he was going to transform, while we were kissing. I started to really panic then he released me and I fell back, hitting my head on the floor. I heard a loud howl and I got up to see Moony. He didn't attack but he seemed to be considering me.
"Remus?" I said, gingerly. He moved forward slowly and pressed his head into my neck, I scratched his head. Suddenly a crash from behind me made us look round and Moony put me behind him. Padfoot was standing in the doorway Moony started to growl at the black dog.
"Remus, don't," I said, he turned to face me and he started to shrink back into a human. He strode towards Sirius and hit him. Sirius fell to the ground, unconscious.
"No!" I shouted and rushed forward to Sirius but Remus held out his mind arm and pushed me back.
"Where were we?" He said, mischievously, he grabbed my waist and pulled me into a kiss, I knew it was wrong but his kiss made me forget to worry. I started to kiss back, his tongue touched the bottom of my lip, I let his tongue in his mouth and he let mine in his. My hands started to run through his hair, he pushed me against a wall and held my cheek with his hand. I knew this was wrong but I couldn't fight it, he was too strong.
"Get your hands off my sister!" Sirius shouted. Remus stopped and turned round to face him, his face angry.
"What's your problem?" He growled at Sirius.
"Remus, what's going on?" I said, moving in the shadows, he pulled me by the waist into the moonlight. I clutched my head as a pain shot through it, it was like something was trying to burst out of my skull, I sank to the floor in pain. I let out a howl of pain and I was faintly aware of Sirius shouting my name, as I was loosing consciousness as the pain got stronger and I felt a strange need to kiss Remus. I suddenly felt my head being lifted up and I felt someone's lips press against mine, they kissed passionately, the pain started to leave me as I kissed them. They suddenly pulled back and I stared into the eyes of Remus Lupin, he was smirking.
"Better?" He said.
"Much better," I said, smirking back. My voice didn't sound right, it was confident, I was never fully confident but now that I was it felt great. I smirked at Sirius was looked horrified. Remus let go of my hand and transformed into Moony, suddenly all sense of right came flooding back as I saw Moony advance on Sirius.
"No!" I yelled, "Sirius run! He won't attack me." Sirius gave me a fleeting look then ran back down the passageway. Remus turned back into a human and faced me.
"Remus, I don't know what's going on but, this isn't right," I said backing into the wall, my head was killing me again as I held me head in my hand.
"Oh, your don't mean that," he said holding my cheek, I relaxed as all my worries seemed to leave me. He leaned in and kissed me, I kissed him back and ran my hands through his hair. I let out a moan as he started to move down my neck, he grinned and he bit my neck playfully. He moved back up to my lips and kissed aggressively, I bit his lip and he bit back. We stayed like that, just kissing, him occasionally moving down to my neck.

It was bright, I opened my eyes and looked around remembering where I was then I remembered what had happened. I was in Remus's arms and I was holding the front of his robes, I let go and rested my head on his arm. He stirred as opened his eyes, I smiled at him, he considered me for a second then he seemed to remember what happened.
"Remus?" I said gingerly, "are you normal?"
"Y-yeah, my head is killing me though," he replied, relief flowed over me as I buried my face into his shoulder.
"What happened?" I asked, muffled by his robes.
"I think it was the super moon," he said, stroking my hairs soothingly. "I'm sorry, did I hurt you?"
"No, I should be sorry, I let you, but I couldn't stop," I said.
"I could," he muttered, "I could stop but I didn't want to, it was like something was controlling me." I nuzzled into him, breathing in his cent, chocolate and a slight smell of fur.
"It was scary," I mumbled, "you weren't you and it was scary to see what you could do."
"I'm so sorry," he said, holding my head.
"I love you," I said.
"I love you, remember that," he replied.

We started to walk back up to the castle, we were both very tired so we kept staggering.
"How did it feel, when you could change from human to wolf?" I asked.
"Well, did you feel the pain, when you were in the moonlight the first time?" He said, I nodded, "well the first time was like that, and I felt like I need to kiss you, then once I did the pain went away and I could shift from either."
"That's what happened to me," I said, he stopped and looked at me, "I'm sure it was nothing," I said. We carried on walking and we just got to the oak doors when they were thrown open, Sirius was standing there, his wand out and his eyes blazing.
"Expelliamus!" He shouted and mine and Remus's wand flew out our hands. He made for Remus and grabbed his robes and shook him. "What the bloody hell were you doing?" He shouted.
"I-I, it was-"
"Is not his fault," I said, pushing Sirius away from Remus.
"And you!" He yelled, pushing me against the wall, his wand pointed at me. "What were you doing? Saying no one could go otherwise they might get hurt, yeah right."
"No, I-I swear," I choked. Sirius was suddenly pushed to the ground, Remus had rammed into him.
"No!" I shouted, "don't you dare!" Sirius had his wand on Remus.
"You'll run to his aid but not mine?" Sirius said accusingly.
"No, if you let us explain," I pleaded.
"Fine!" Sirius said, lowering his wand.
"It was the super moon," I said, "it kinda controlled us and made us reckless."
"So, everything that happened, you didn't have a choice?" Sirius said slowly.
"Yes," Remus said.
"But, I thought she wasn't a werewolf," Sirius said.
"That's what we thought," Remus said, "but it seemed to take the same effect, only she didn't transform."
"By same effect, what actually happened?" Sirius asked.
"Well, when we go in the moonlight, a pain goes through our head, it's almost unbearable, but we both needed to kiss each other and when we did, the pain went away," I explained, Sirius nodded.
"I'm sorry," he said, "I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions."
"Don't worry," I said, hugging my brother, "it's all fine now."
"Yeah," he said, pulling away, "oh, yeah Dumbledore wants to see you both."