34. Trouble

I woke up to shouting, I opened my eyes and looked over to the door.
"What on earth are you all doing in here?" Professor Mcgonagal was standing in the door of the boys dormitory. "Girls in boys dormitory and a first year!"
"Professor, we were just having some snacks and we fell asleep," Lily pleaded. I noticed I was still resting my head on Remus's chest and quickly sat up.
"Well, I don't care what you were doing," Professor Mcgonagal said, "you've all missed your first and second period, so I think it'll be detention for all of you, all next week, I'm even more disappointed that it's the two prefects." Lily hung her, she had fallen asleep with James.
"I suggest you get back to your dormitories and get ready for lessons," Mcgonagal said, sweeping from the room. We all stared around at each other.
"I can't believe we missed our first two classes!" Lily howled, slumping onto her back.
"I missed my first classes at hogwarts, and I've already got a detention," Jack said, sliding off Sirius's bed.
"It doesn't matter, I'm sure Sirius got a detention on the train in first year," I said. Jack shrugged and walked out the door.
"I feel so bad for him," James said.
"Same," Peter said.
"Let's not get him into any trouble," Remus said.
"Agreed," I replied.
"I'm going to go get ready," Lily said, jumping off, James's bed and walking out the door.
"She's upset, that she got into trouble," I said, leaning on Remus.
"Well, its lunchtime now so let's go get some food," James said, picking up his wand.
"Yeah," I said, I picked up my wand, and flicked it, the room started to tidy itself, the beds were pushed back into place, the plates and bowls vanished and the pillows straightened themselves. "Right, I'll see you at lunch." I walked out the door and I heard voices from inside.

"What took you so long?" Sirius said as I took the seat next to Remus at the table.
"I was just tired," I replied, pouring soup into a bowl.
"Right, that must be why you have ink on your face?" James said laughing.
"What!" I said, rubbing my cheek and yes black ink came off on my hand, I groaned.
"Here, let me get it," Remus said, licking his thumb and rubbing my cheek, I scrunched up one side of my face.
"Thanks," I said, blushing.
"We've got transfiguration next," Peter said, I nodded. As I started to eat my soup, I looked down the table, I saw Lily talking to Alice and Juliet then Jack surrounded by a group of first years, I smiled to myself.
"Hey, Moony," James whispered.
"Hmmm?"
"If we've all got detention next week, how are we gonna get out? I mean for your furry little problem," James said. Remus shook his head.
"I believe it's in a Saturday, we'll be fine." James nodded.
"What's happening on Saturday?" Lily said, from behind me. I jumped at her voice and spilled soup down my front, everyone laughed.
"What?" I said trying to clean it off.
"What are you doing on Saturday?" Lily repeated, her hands on her hips.
"Oh, we, er were," I stammered.
"My mother is sick, I'm aloud to go back home to see her, and they're going to see me off," Remus said quickly.
"Right," Lily said, narrowing her eyes.
"Let's go to class," James said quickly and we all stood up and walked out the hall.
"Do you need a bib? Black?" Someone sneered from the Slytherin table, I spun around to see Lucius Malfoy.
"No, I learnt to feed myself when I was two, unlike you, what age were you when your mother stopped playing broomsticks with you?" I said, smirking, "oh yeah, five." It was true, he hadn't learnt to feed himself until he was five, the Gryffindors erupted into laughter and so did some other students.
"At least I don't hang around with Mud-bloods, know-it-alls, nervous wrecks or arrogant idiots," Malfoy spat back, his face burning red.
"Don't call Lily a Mud-blood!" I howled, "don't call Remus a know it all! Don't call Peter a nervous wreck! And don't call James and Sirius idiots!" I pulled out my wand and pointed it at Malfoy.
"Ooooh, touchy," he sneered, "how long do you think you could last in a duel? Five minutes? Maybe ten, I see your parents have outcast you like they ever wanted you! A let-down, a blood-traitor, who'd want you for a daughter? Who'd want you as a friend? All you do is get them into trouble!"
"Shut your filthy mouth!" I shouted. And sparks flew from my wand.
"My mouth? Oh I thought you meant that filthy Mud-blood next to you." He spat, deflecting the sparks.
"You vile! You evil! You filthy, idiotic coward, with that stupid grin on your face like you rule the world! Why don't you just go back to your mummy!" I shouted, "BOMBARDA!" The floor Malfoy was standing on exploded and he was blasted back. I whipped round and stormed from the hall, I heard voices after me but I started to run. I kept running until I was out in the grounds and I headed for the lake, when a hand grabbed my shoulder.
"What!" I snapped, turning round to see Remus's concerned face.
"It's only me," he said, as I had pulled my wand out.
"Leave me alone, Remus," I said, turning to face the lake.
"Why did you take his bait?" He said.
"He insulted my friends!" I said angrily, kicking a stone.
"So?" He said simply, I turned around quickly and pointed my wand into his face.
"So? So I care about my friends!" I shouted.
"It wasn't just that," he said, calmly.
"Why aren't you scared?" I said quickly, "I'm pointing a wand into you face!"
"Why do you wish to scare me?" He said.
"I- why aren't you scared? My wand is pointing into your face and I'm really angry right now!" I hissed.
You're not going to curse me," he said, looking me in the eye.
"How do you know?" I said, he stepped closer, so my wand was almost touching him.
"You're not going to curse me," he said, "you're holding your wand to limply, you don't want to curse me." He slid the wand out of my hand and I dropped my arm, a tear fell down my cheek. He pulled me into a hug, I struggled against him but his strong arms held me close, I gave up and started to cry.
"It's ok," he said rubbing my head.
"Am I a bad friend?" I asked, muffled by his robes.
"Of course your not," he said soothingly, "you're the best friend I've ever had." I shook me head.
"I always get people into trouble, it's my fault Lily and Jack are in detention," I sobbed, "and my fault Sirius doesn't have a home."
"No it's not," he said sternly, "I wouldn't swap anything for you and I'm sure the others would agree." I carried on sobbing, but Remus still held me and didn't let go.
"Don't leave me," I whispered hoarsely.
"Why would I do that?" He replied.
"If you didn't like me anymore," I suggested, he pulled away and held me at arms length.
"I could never not like you," he said shaking me, I nodded and he pulled me back into a hug, kissing my head.

"Miss Black you are in a lot of trouble!" Mcgonagal said when we walked though the doors, "firstly you- what's happened?" My eyes were red and puffy from when I'd been crying, Remus had his arm round me and squeezed me.
"She's just a little shaken up, professor," he said.
"Oh, well in that case I suggest you go to gryffindor tower," she said, her tone more softened.
"But, professor, my classes," I protested.
"Well, if you wish to attend your last class, I believe it is potions, Lupin, stay with her."
Remus nodded and we headed for the dungeons.