8. Best friend or brother?

I was embarrassed to go back into the buzz of school, as I still had scars scratched across my face, well now me a Remus had matching pairs. As I walked back to gryffindor tower I heard some shout from an empty classroom.
"She's my sister!"
"Yeah but she's my best friend!"
"Oh yeah I think you've got a little bit more than friendship on your mind,"
"Just because she would pick me over you-" there were sounds of scuffling and groans.
"You don't even have the guts to tell her your little secret,"
"I-I was,"
"Guys stop please,"
"No James I want to hear what he's got to say!"
"It's not his fault Sirius,"
"Oh yeah side with him I knew you would!"
"I-it is my fault, if I hadn't fallen sleep then she would be fine,"
"Finally you admit it, so will you stay away?"
I had, had enough, I bust through the door to find James and Peter in between a raging Sirius and a hurt Remus, everyone's eyes flew to me.
"Lyra!" Sirius yelped and rushed forward, but I held out my are disgusted.
"What have you been doing?" I said in a clam but dangerous voice. Sirius looked over at Remus and I could see he regretted what he had done.
"They just had an argument," said James helping Remus to stand.
"And argument doesn't look like this," I said indicating Remus who was still doubled over.
"I-I got carried away," mumbled Sirius, I hit him round the head with my book.
"Do-you-think-that-fighting-will-sort-anything-out!" I said each word with a hit, my eyes were blazing as I looked at my brother, the playboy who just beat up his best friend. I walked over to Remus and helped James hold him up.
"I'm fine really," he said wincing as we started to walk.
"Hospital wing?" Asked James.
"Hospital wing," I replied.
"Miss black back again? And who's this you've got with you," madam Pomfrey rushed over as we walked through the door,"Oh dear, mr Lupin have you been in a fight?"
"N-no I just fell down the stairs," he said before me or James could say anything. Madam Pomfrey looked sceptical, but set to work on Remus.
"Deer, deer, a broken rib, black eye and winded in the stomach," she said preforming different spells.
James explained to me what had happened between Sirius and Remus quietly so madam Pomfrey couldn't hear, then said,
"You heard what Sirius said about, Remus wanting more then friendship,"
"Yeah?"
"Do you like Remus in that way?" He said kid of nervously.
"I-I dunno, I like him a lot and when we were locked out, he tried to protect me and we sat in the stands for a while,"
"Ok, so it's a maybe?" He said looking over at Remus.
"Yeah, but what did Sirius mean by his little secret?" At this James' blood drained from his face.
"Probably just a taunt," he said looking at his feet.
"Maybe but I have the suspicion that you lot are hiding something from me," I said looking at James.
"Mmmmmh," he said avoiding the statement.
"All better," madam Pomfrey said straightening up, Remus did look better but still a bit pale.
"Thanks," he said getting to his feet too.

After that Sirius and Remus weren't best friends again but they didn't try anything while I was there. I kept going from each one, mostly staying with Remus as Sirius was normally with another girl and didn't need my company.
"Please just make up," I pleaded after a potions class.
"No, only if he does but he's got replacements," Remus replied as Sirius walked past with a hufflepuff girl on his arm.
"He misses you, and you miss him," I said nudging his arm.
"He doesn't miss me," said said watching, Sirius kissing the hufflepuff.
"Umm, can we move, that happens to be my brother and a third year," I said steering Remus down a longer route to muggle studies. We ended up sitting next to each other in most classes, much to Sirius annoyance.
"He's staring at me again," I muttered to Remus.
"It's just because you're with me," he whispered back.
"Ok class today we will be learning how muggles use household objects," professor Quirrel said waving his wand and the words appeared in the chalk bored.
"5, 4, 3, 2, 1," Remus muttered.
"Professor, do muggles have the same feelings as us with family?" Sirius said from the back of the class.
"Yes, as I have said before, muggles are the same as us they just don't have magic," he said handing out some strange objects,"Now using your books I want you to see if you can identify the object and what it is used for." He placed a strange object with buttons and some sort of cable attaching it to a banana like thing. I looked at Remus and grinned at me, he knew a bit about muggles as his mother was one.
"What is this?" I said holding up the banana end.
"You have to find it yourself," he said smirking. Remus held up a strange brick like thing with buttons, and looked at it confused.
"I don't know what this is though," he said holding up his object. We pretended to have a fight with our objects before,
"Lupin, Black, 10 points from gryffindor, theses are not toys," professor Quirrel said and we put them down and flicked through out book.
"I've got a telly-fone," I said finding the right page.
"And I've got a telly-vision remote?" Said Remus holding up the remote. We read through our chapters and at the end of class,
"I want you all to write a 10 inch long essay on why muggles need electricity, to be handed in next Wednesday," there was a shuffling of chairs and the class filed out. Three days after we were walking back to gryffindor tower and Sirius walked past me and Remus in the corridor and bashed into Remus's side and I snapped.
"Right you two make up now!" I yelled.
"What?" They both said.
"You heard me shake hands and say sorry right now, I fed up of this," slowly they shifted towards each other and shook hands.
"I'm sorry for what I said," Remus muttered.
"I'm sorry for beating you up," Sirius mumbled.
"Finally," I said and linked one arm with Remus and one are with Sirius, dinner. After that they became a little awkward but eventually everything was back to normal.
"I have an announcement," Dumbledore said at the Halloween feast and everyone fell silent, "we have  arranged a Christmas ball, for all years, please be ready for a dance with your partners on Christmas Eve." Oh deer.