18. Slyhterin Vs Gryffindor

I woke up early on the day of the second Gryffindor quidditch match, we were 100 points ahead of Ravenclaw, Slytherin was 50 points behind Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff was 70 points behind Slytherin.

I walked down to the common room and sat in front of the fire. I hadn't seen Malfoy since the ball, but I knew he would be horrible at the match, he played keeper. The fire crackled and I tucked my knees up to my chest, for warmth. When the sun started to rise I went down to breakfast. There were only eight people in the hall when I got down, four Ravenclaws, one Hufflepuff and two Slytherins. At the Slytherin table I saw Regulus, he looked ill as he stared murderously at his cereal. I went to talk to him,
"Hi," I said clapping him on the back, "ready for the match?" He stared at me as though I'd started to grow another head.
"What's up?" I said crouching down to talk to him.
"Just nervous," he replied as he started to eat his cereal.
"Hope you know I'm gonna beat you today," I said grinning.
"Yeah?" he replied smirking.
"Yeah just get ready for the cup to go to Gryffindor," I said.
"Oi! Black you don't belong here!" Sneered someone from the entrance, I straightened up to see Malfoy swaggering towards the Slytherin table.
"I can talk to my brother if I want Malfoy," I spat at him.
"Don't," Regulus said, but I ignored him.
"Don't you want to hang out with your weirdo friends and your pathetic excuse for a boyfriend," he jeered. Anger was bubbling up inside me and I was aching to sink my fist into Malfoy's face.
"They're better than your friends, oh wait, I forgot you don't have any," replied, narrowing my eyes at him.
"I suggest you don't contaminate our seeker with your blood-traitor ways," he sneered.
"No I wouldn't want to put nice ideas like, friendliness to muggles and muggle-borns, that would be terrible," I said sarcastically.
"Yeah it would so go back to your pathetic boyfriend, your beloved mudblood, your looser brother, your worthless friends and your pathetic house!" He growled. Suddenly I exploded and I was running at him, I wanted to punch every inch of him, but four sets of arms grabbed onto my arms and shoulders.
"Let me go!" I howled as they arms dragged me back, and Malfoy jeered at me.
"Calm, down," someone at my right panted as I struggled to get free.
"He's not worth it," someone to my left said breathlessly, they dragged me out of the hall as I started to calm down.
"It's just Malfoy," James said standing in front of me.
"Yeah, normally you just say something witty back and leave," Remus said. I stared them, James, Remus, Sirius and Peter had all come to stop me from doing something stupid, Prongs, Moony, Padfoot and Wormatail, my best friends. I hugged them tightly.
"Thanks," I said.
"No problem," Peter said.

After a quiet breakfast me, Sirius and James went down to the quidditch pitch, to get changed.
"Team, I know we've had a few bumps in practice," James said, "but we've got the best team in the school! So let's go and show them how to play!"
"Here, here," Sirius said, and We marched onto the pitch to cheers from the Gryffindors and boos from the Slytherins, I grinned at the stadium and saw Remus and Peter cheering.
"Captains, shake hands," madam hooch said and James and Malfoy shook hands looking like they were trying to break each other's fingers.
"Mount your brooms," I swung my leg over my broom stick, the whistle blew and I kicked off, feeling the wind in my hair as I searched for the snitch. James had told me to catch it as quick as possible just in case Slytherin decide to cheat.
"And Gryffindor score ten points," the commentator shouted, I cheered with the rest of the crowd and flew towards the Slytherin goal posts.
"Hey Black!" Malfoy shouted as I flew past him.
"What?" I yelled back.
"Wasn't it lucky your little friends were there to stop you earlier," he said.
"You know if they weren't there you'd be in the hospital right now?"I retorted as I flew to off. I looked behind me to see him staring at me, as the quaffle flew past his head and through the hoop.
"Another 10 points to Gryffindor!" I was just flying round the Gryffindor goal posts when I saw a shimmer of gold, a flutter of wings, and I sped after the snitch.
"And it looks like the Gryffindor seeker has seen the snitch!"
Out of the corner of my eye I saw Regulus behind me, his eyes on the snitch.
"Hey Reggy, ready to loose? Or are Slytherin planning to cheat?"I said.
"No I'm gonna win fair and square, no cheating," he said. Suddenly something big, heavy and blond flew into me knocking me off my broom. I was falling, there were flashes of colour and a howl of wind in my ears, I could here screams and shouts then it all went dark.

"Do you think she's ok?"
"Dunno, she looks pale."
"Pale? Of course she's pale she just fell about 150ft!"
"What happened to Malfoy?"
"Well Slytherin lost about 150 points and he got like a months detention."
"He should've been expelled, I mean he could've killed her."
"Yeah Dumbledore was furious, what spell did he do?"
"I dunno, I'm just worried about Lyra." I could voices all around my bed but I hadn't said anything out of tiredness.
"W'ts gonin on?" I mumbled as I pushed my self up slowly.