44. Christmas preparations

It was a week before Christmas, me and Sirius were sitting in my bed room, playing chess.
"Knight to E4," Sirius said. The door opened, we looked up Peter was there.
"Guys, we're going to set up the Christmas tree!" he said.
"We'll be down in a sec," Sirius said, I put the chess set away.
"You're only quick to tidy away, as I was winning," Sirius said smirking.
"No," I said, "I had a plan to beat you." He looked at me sceptically, "come on let's go."

"We're gonna put the tree here," Mr Potter said, pointing at a clear space in the living room.
"Ok," James said, "we'll go get the stuff, from the loft." Me and Remus followed him, upstairs then up a ladder into the loft.
"Umm, no offence but this stuff is kinda heavy," he said looking at us.
"Oh Prongs, I could beat you in an arm wrestle anytime," I said, taking a box from him.
"Yeah?" He said, raising an eyebrow.
"Yeah, I could," I said, carrying the box down, I put it down in the living room, and went back up. I found Remus and James, arm wrestling, on a box of tinsel.
"Yes!" Remus shouted, James rubbed his hand.
"I let you win," he said.
"Come on, Prongs let's have a go," I said, kneeling down.
"Ok, but you better be ready," he replied.
"Yeah, right," I said.
"3, 2, 1, Go!" Remus said, James started to push my hand down, he was grinning.
"Oh, no looks like you're winning," I said, smirking. I suddenly pushed his hand back, he stared at our hands in concentration.
"Come on," he muttered.
"Is that all you've got?" I said, grinning, "come on." His face was bright red, I decided to finish it, I slammed his hand down.
"Yes! I win!" I said, jumping up and high-fiving Remus.
"Let's just get the stuff," James said, and we carried the last boxes down stairs.
"What took you so long?" Lily said.
"Prongs and Greypaws had a arm wrestle, Geypaws won," Remus said, dropping the stuff.
"Wow, ok, let's start," Peter said, picking up some tinsel. We started to decorate the tree, James and Sirius messed about with the tinsel.
"Hey, Greypaws," I turned round and Sirius and James tied me up in tinsel.
"Hey, we're meant to be decorating," I said.
"We are," Sirius said, grinning.
"Not me!" I said, untangling myself. We finally finished and stood back to look at the room. There was tinsel round the tree and window sill, Lily had enchanted stars to sparkle around the room, the tree was covered in bulbuls figures and tinsel.
"It looks amazing," Mr Potter said, carrying some bags.
"Yes, you did a great job," Mrs Potter said, "but I think you've forgotten something." We looked up at the tree, the star was missing.
"This star!" Peter said, "where's the star?" We looked round the room, under boxes and chairs for it.
"Here it is!" Sirius said, standing up with a golden star in his hand.
"Great, put it on," James said. He put the stat on the top of the tree, it sparkle and the tree tree started to spin slowly.
"That's cool," Remus said.
"Yep, why don't you go down into the village, James here's 12 galleons, share them out," Mr Potter said, handing James some money.
"We should put some muggle clothes on," I said, we were all wearing normal clothes but they were slightly different, like our tops sparkled or our jumpers lit up.
"Yeah, meet in the garden in ten," Sirius said, and we went to get changed. I pulled on a muggle Christmas jumper, some black jeans and a muggle coat. The village did have muggles living there but the was a magical door that lead to a small market, with magical stalls.
"Ready?" I asked Lily once I had changed.
"Wait a sec," she said, putting some lipgloss on.
"We're only going to the village, it's not like you're gonna meet anyone," I said, smirking at her.
"I just want to look nice," she said, smiling at me.
"You don't need makeup to look nice," I said.
"You can talk, you look amazing with or without makeup," she said.
"No I don't I don't-"
"You don't even try, I know but you still look beautiful without trying," she cut in, "ready?"
"Er, yeah," I replied and we went into the garden.

Once we were all ready we headed down the road to the village, me and Remus had our arms linked.
"Here," James said, handing me two galleons, "for you to spend."
"Yeah, well I wasn't going to eat them," I replied, dropping them in my pocket.
"What is Remus going to do?" Lily said suddenly, I felt Remus's body tense up, i squeezed his arm, he relaxed slightly.
"We're going to sneak him out, it's two days before Christmas, so we should be able to sneak out, we can go to the field and transform," Sirius said.
"Oh, ok can I do anything?" Lily said.
"No," James said bluntly.
"Ok, I'll wait for you until morning," she replied. We arrived in the village in about ten minutes, we slipped through the hidden door. It was a small street, filled with different stalls and tents.
"Right, meet back here at 5," James said, and him and Sirius disappeared. I looked round and saw that Peter had gone too.
"Want to stick together?" I said to Lily and Remus.
"Yeah, where should we go first?" Lily said.
"Let's go to that stall," Remus said pointing at a stall with different boxes. We went over, the boxes were vanishing boxes, we watched a man put a pebble in the box then close it and it disappeared, he muttered a password and it was back in the box. Then we went over to a stall with bread that changed flavour depending on your mood. We went to about six stalls before we decided to go back to meet the others, we waited by the door with our arms loaded with paper bags.