29. The potters

It had been a week since me and Sirius had run away and it had already been better than any summer. Mrs Potter made amazing dinners, roast chicken, Shepard's pie, toad in the hole and lots of great afters. Me, James, Sirius and Mr Potter played quidditch in the field behind their house. It was amazing, the Potters treated me and Sirius as if we were part of the family.

"Lyra!" Mrs Potter called up the stairs, "dinner's ready." I got up from my bed and walked downstairs. I went into the kitchen and the smell of roast beef filled my nose. I sat down in between Sirius and Mr Potter, he had dark brown hair, hazel eyes and was very muscular, he also wore glasses.
"James, hand out the plates please," Mrs Potter said, James got up and took the plates then started to lay them on the table, he later out six, one more than needed.
"Why is there one more plate?" I asked.
"Oh, sorry I forgot to tell you, Moony is coming to stay," James said, sitting down and smirking at me.
"Oh, that's great," I replied.
"He'll be here soon, could I get some help setting the table?" Mrs Potter said, we all stood up, Sirius and Mr Potter helped put food on the table, James helped serve the food on the plates and I placed down the cutlery. I just put down the last knife when there was a knock at the door.
"I'll, get it," I said, as Mr Potter tried to put down a bowl of peas. I walked to the door and opened it, Remus was standing there, with some bags and his parents behind him.
"Hi," he said, grinning at me.
"Hey, you ok?" I said, beaming and holding the door open. Mrs Potter came into the hallway, with her wand behind her ear.
"Hello, dear, you're sharing with James and Sirius," she said. "You must be Mr and Mrs Lupin?" She held out her hand and Remus' dad shook it.
"Yes, I'm Lyall and this is hope," he said, he was a tall man with brown hair and blue eyes. His wife was small, she had blond hair and brown eyes.
"I'm Euphemia, but most people call me Mia," Mrs Potter said, smiling. Mr Lupin nodded.
"Is this, Lyra?" Mrs Lupin said, smiling at me.
"Yes," Remus said, his mother beamed at him.
"We've heard lots about you," Mr Lupin said smiling at me. I grinned nervously at them, did they know we were going out?
"Well, we'd better be off," mr Lupin said, Remus hugged his parents, I looked at him, he loved his parents, I wish I had parents like that.
"Bye!" Remus said and his parents walked down the path.
"Come on you two, dinner's ready," Mrs Potter said, we walked into the kitchen, James, Sirius and Mr Potter had served up the dinner. Remus sat down opposite me, we all started to eat in silence, then after about 5 minutes in silence conversation broke out.
"Remus, what do you parents do for a job?" Mr Potter said, Mr Potter owned the company of Sleekeazy's hair potion.
"Well, my father works in the  Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures," Remus replied.
"Oh, right, and what about your mother?" Mr Potter said.
"She's a muggle, she doesn't do that much work but she works at a car sales company," Remus said.
"Oh, right, so you know a bit about muggles?"
"Yeah, a bit." We talked and ate then at about 7 me, James and Sirius showed Remus where he was sleeping. We sat in James's room and talked about the holidays for a while, me and Sirius explained what happened to Remus.
"Why did you say about werewolves?" Remus said.
"I was angry," I replied, he smiled at me. "I'm glad we did run away, otherwise we'd still be in hell."
"Yeah," Sirius said, "but I feel a bit sorry for Regulus."
"He was the one who blabbed to our parents about Remus!" I said.
"Yeah, well."
"I'm going to bed," I said getting up, "night." I swept from the room and down the hall to my room. I sank onto my bed and fell asleep in my clothes.

"Lyra! Get up! We're gonna be late for school!" I sat bolt up right, James was standing over my bed.
"Ok, I'm getting up," I said getting out from my covers, James left the room and I changed out of my pyjamas. It had been two weeks since Remus had arrived and we were all going to platform 9 3/4 together. I just pulled on my jumper when Remus came into my room.
"Want any help?" He asked looking round at my room.
"Umm, yeah ok," I replied throwing some things into my trunk, he helped me and we were done in about 10 minutes.
"There all done," he said standing up.
"Yep," I said, "thanks." I hugged him, my face berried into his chest.
"No, problem," he said smiling down at me. He tilted my head up and kissed me, I kissed him back and his hand jumped to my hair. I smiled, as he brushed my it, sending shivers down my body. Suddenly the door opened and we jumped apart, Mrs Potter was standing in the doorway, she smiled at us.
"Nice to see you have each other," she said, "come down for breakfast." Blushing furiously I followed her down to the kitchen, where we ate bacon sandwiches.