38. Confession

On Tuesday Madam Pomfrey let me and Remus leave the hospital wing. We headed straight for Gryffindor tower as we had been let off classes for the day.
"Remus," I said swinging on his arm.
"Lyra?" He replied, I grinned.
"What should I say to the teachers when I don't transform?" I said.
"I don't know, maybe that you're have secret powers or something," he said, playfully.
"No, I'm serious," I said, smiling.
"No, I'm Sirius," someone said from behind us. We both whipped round to see Sirius, James and Lily.
"Haha, very funny," I said.
"Lyra, I need to talk to you, just you and Remus," Lily said, giving Sirius a annoyed look.
"Ok," I said, "let's go to the common room." She nodded and we headed to Gryffindor tower.
"Flowering unicorns," Lily said and the fat lady swung open, I walked to a beanbag and slumped down onto it, the other two sat down too.
"Right," Lily said, rounding on me, "explanations, the others haven't been very clear, they were making up all sorts of stupid stories." I sighed and looked at Remus, he nodded.
"Fine, I'll answer any questions you have," I said, loosing my spark.
"Ok, who was the werewolf on the grounds?" She said.
"That was Remus," I sighed, she looked startled, then stared at Remus.
"What? Really? You're a werewolf?" She said incredulously.
"Yes, in a monster," Remus said, I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand.
"Listen to me!" I said angrily, "you, are, not, a, monster!" I said slowly, he grinned at me and nodded.
"Are you a werewolf?" Lily said.
"No, me, Sirius, James and Peter are animagi, hence the nicknames," I said, "we transform into animals so we can keep Remus company."
"But, he bit you didn't he?" She said uncertainty.
"It's fine," I said, "I was in animagi form I'm going to be fine." Lily looked utterly bewildered as she looked from Remus to me.
"A-and you love him?" She said, gingerly, Remus's face dropped.
"Of course I do!" I said savagely, my eyes blazing. Lily looked at me, what was it on her face? Something like pity? Or disbelief? I turned to Remus and pressed my lips onto his, he was taken by surprise but soon started to kiss back, we broke apart and I stared at Lily.
"Ok," she said nervously, "I want to help."
"What!" I said.
"I want to help, I might not be much use but I can help, maybe I could heal you guys instead of going to Madam Pomfrey with strange injures," she said.
"Ok," Remus said.
"Ok, if you any of you ever get hurt then come to me I will try and heal you," she said, "I'm going to go to potions, I'll see you later." She walked out the portrait hole and I stared after her.
"Ok, that just happened," I said, turning to Remus, he was grinning.
"You left me hanging," he said, I smirking at him and leaned in to kiss him again, he grinned at me when I drew back. We stayed in the common room talking about classes and he taught me some stuff about muggles, we were both laying on the sofa by the time Lily and the others walked through the portrait hole. Sirius threw a look at Remus, his arms were wrapped round me, as they sat down to do homework.
"So, this is awkward," James said after ten minutes of silence.
"Yeah, well there's Lily whose just been let in on a secret, you, who has a crush on her, Moony who has a furry problem who is also hugging me, Padfoot who is an over protective brother glaring at Moony and Wormtail who is just awkward," I said flicking a ball of dust at James.
"Yeah, that about sums it up," Sirius said laughing.
"Prongs are you and Lily going out?" Is said, "I mean in truth or dare you two were really into it."
"Well we haven't really talked about it," Lily said, they both glanced at each other.
"Well I think you two should talk about it," I said firmly, "you're perfect for each other."
"Fine," Lily said.
"What?" James said hopefully.
"I said fine," she replied.
"Does that mean you'll go out with me?" He said.
"Yes," she sighed, James jumped up and hugged her.
"Finally! I told you I'd get a date!" He said. We all laughed at James'a giddiness as he paraded round the common room.
"Well, now we're both taken," Lily whispered to me as we both started to giggle.
"Yeah, I've got a wolf and you've got a big-head," I whispered back, we both burst out laughing as James tried to arm wrestle Remus to show off but Remus won easily.
"So, Lily you're gonna help with the healing?" I said.
"Yeah," she replied.
"What's that?" Sirius said.
"Oh, if we get hurt on a full moon Lily is going to try and heal us instead of going to Madam Pomfrey with strange injuries," I explained to Sirius, he nodded.
"That'll be better," he said.
"Oh yeah, you guys can't go to the shrieking shack next time," I said remembering.
"What? Why?" Peter said.
"Well, apparently it's a super moon? And Moony says it's really strong so he doesn't want to hurt anyone," I said.
"And you?" Sirius said, "you're not going."
"I have too, they think I'm going to transform too, they saw a bite on my arm but I was an animal so it's fine but I can't tell them," I explained.
"I'm not letting you go in there alone, as you said it's stronger," Sirius said, crossing his arms.
"You can stay outside," I whispered, "just in case, deal?"
"Fine," he said reluctantly, "deal."