Chapter 26 - Dreaded Skeletons coming out of the closet

Start from the beginning

"No news. Emilia, where is she?" Susan seemed distracted. Very distracted.

"Not sure. Ask Ben."

"She went to put the cages out." Andy called. "She said she'd eat some fish with us later if we saved any."

"Andy, I need to talk to you." Susan grabbed Andy's arm. Julia watched the two of them head outside. Oliver wandered in and leaned against her back.

The phone rang. Levi grabbed it, fast, Oliver tensing behind him.

"Yeah? Okay." He slumped, breathing out, and Julia felt the relief bleed into her, fill Oliver through her, the three of them calming down. "You got him. It's okay, Alpha. They got him. Next plane. Bring the bastard here. Both of them."

Levi stood up, hanging up, and hugged JUlia hard. "It's okay."

"Fuck." Oliver swore softly, leaning against her back. "I'll let them know." He went to go after Susan and Andy, practically running. 

"An hour and a half. Maybe less. Maybe a little longer." Levi said softly, kissing Julia gently, stroking her hair back. "We'll get the kids ready for bed, clean up the house, get the washing done."

She smiled. That sounded like old Levi. Old domestic Levi. Julia pushed him down into the chair, straddling him, kissing him harder. His breath hitched against her lips, arms tightening around her, Julia almsot wishing she could drag him into a room and ...was it crazy to want to sex him up right now?

"Kids. Julia." He sounded almost regretful, gently pushing her up, nuzzling against her neck. 

They did just that, washing, cleaning, kids in the shower, Levi's hands roaming a little more than they had for weeks. Julia kept listening for the phone, or for a plane, Oliver ducking in and out over and over in an attempt to make sure that he was keeping up with the kids and whatever was happening outside. 

 She felt exhausted by the time the kids were in bed, like she could curl up for days on end, so relieved. But Julia couldn't quite relax until she saw David in front of her. Levi yawned, paced up and down, clearly more or less in the same state she was in.

The plane had them both rushing for the runway at the same time as Oliver and Susan, Emilia already there waiting, and to Julia's shock she saw Emilia had a gun in her hands. Okay. Um. That wasn't expected.

"Why do you have that?" Julia hissed.

"They're bringing back the bastard that bought her." Emilia replied lightly.

Julia didn't get time to answer. The plane had started to head for the runway, wheels down, and nose up slightly. She waited with baited breath as the plane slowed down and threw the breaks on fast. 

The wind made the plane shiver a little, Julia's heart leaping into her throat, the gusts making her velvet skirt dance around her legs and her hair go crazy. She leaned against Oliver's warm side, using him from shelter from the wind, hand still tight in Levi's hand.

When it stopped, she ran at the plane, nearly getting knocked over by the door and the stairs dropped down. Tim appeared, a sleeping David in his arms, and lowered him into her arms. Julia almost burst into tears. Inhaled, smelt, tried to find something that was wrong, but there was nothing.

Just David.

Levi collapsed against her side, pulling a sleepy David into his arms, kissing him again and again as Julia backed up.

"Everything's fine." Tim called. "Where we we sticking these two?"

"Pack Boat's the tempary prison for now." Randy called. "Who we got?"