Chapter Sixteen: We all need some happiness.

Magsimula sa umpisa

“Thank-you...” He whispered ending the conversation spinning me once again.

I smiled at him seeing how carefree he was just by listening to me. He was smiling and having a good time because of me. I had made Skylar happy which made me feel the exact same.                                                                                    

[Lauren’s POV]:

Kyle brought me into the back room where it was less noisy and only had five other people in here. People where all sitting around a small table smoking and playing poker. I noticed one of the men at the table to be Xavier and once he heard us come in he looked up at me smirking a little bit.                                                                                                                                

“Oh well isn’t it Lauren, and haven’t you gotten sexier.” Xavier said reaching for my hand and kissing it gently.

I tried my best to look pleased with seeing him ever though I knew I was lying to myself. Xavier had done some pretty dodgy things in the last few years which involved one of my closest friends back in middle school. I hadn’t spoken to him since then and never wanted to in that matter, but if I was going to get Kyle to do something for me I had to act nice.   

“It’s good to see you Xavier,” I lied simply restraining myself to not want to kill him.

Kyle let his arm slip off my body as he took a seat next to his friends making me feel really uncomfortable standing here alone. I crossed my arms as I saw that he seemed to have just forgotten I was standing here.                                                    

“Wanna come sit on my lap,” One of the other guys said as he laughed obviously drunk.                                                                              

“No thanks,” I said again trying to be polite as I looked at his disgusted at what he had said.

I sat down on the couch that was sitting right next the door as they got on with their poker game and drinking fest. I couldn’t believe how much of unclassed pigs these guys where. They where horrid people that should be locked up in jail because they where a hazard to society. I could hear the sound of music travelling into the room as I felt trapped in here. I thought when we were going to ‘Zodiac’ we would have fun instead of just sitting in this room. But then I had to remember this was Kyle I was with, he was such a one sided person and that was just about himself. Kyle was nothing like well... Skylar who would actually care about how I was, instead of ignoring me the whole night like Kyle was doing. I couldn’t stand being trapped in here anymore so I pushed open the door and just as I was about to walk out I felt myself be hauled back in.                                                                                                                                                                                                          

“What the hell are you doing,” Kyle yelled at me slamming the door frightening me.                                                                       

“I want to have some fun,” I said bored as he pushed me away from the door.