I had sat back in my seat just in time for the ref to blow his whistle, signaling the players to get on the field. Coach sent me a look, 'this better work,' it said. I nodded and turned my gaze back to the field.

~~~

  We won! The team was much better at dodging than they were before I helped them out. I was honestly proud of them. The team came running back to Coach and I raced to meet Dean at the sidelines.

  He embraced me once I reached him and spun me around. "We won angel!"

  "I know!" I laughed, "I was watching you doofus!"

  The team joined us in a group hug. "Now everyone say thank you to Zerena!" Coach ordered, "we couldn't have done it without her!"

  "Thank you Zerena!" The team chorused.

  "Ya whatever. It was nothing," I waved it off. I checked my watch, "Dean we gotta go! Go change! Now!" I rushed him.

  "Ok, damn woman! I'm going!" Dean chuckled but sprinted to the locker room to change.

  "Where you guys going?" Liam asked.

  "I have a race and if I don't make it there in time, I forfeit. I can't do that. It'll ruin my rep and my pride."

  "We wanna come!" Kevin whined.

  "Well then get your asses in the locker room and get changed! We got less than half an hour!"

  "How does Dean live with her?" Another teammate muttered to Kevin.

  Kevin smiled, "you get used to her."

  I smiled at my friend's reply and headed to the car.

~~~

  I parked he car just behind the crowd. I got out and brisk walked to the front to make sure the guy who was running the race, Damien, knew I was here.

  "Ready?" He asked.

  I nodded. He smirked, "good luck kid."

  I walked back to my car and found my friends just getting out of their cars. The whole football team, my old team from the grounds back home, the friends I've made here, even Amy came to watch me race.

  "Nervous?" Dean stood beside me.

  I shrugged, "I don't think so. I'm not sure."

  He wrapped his arm around my shoulders in a side hug, "you'll win. I have faith. And so does everybody here."

  I nodded, "I can do this," I stepped away and shook a little. It's a habit when I get nervous. I loosen up.

  "Hey Z!" A familiar voice called as he pushed his way through the crowd.

  Seth appeared, dragging Devin with him. "Seth! I don't know we're coming!" We hugged.

  "I wanted to surprise you. Plus I had to make sure you were ok after last night," he sent a glare to Dean who held his hands up in surrender.

  I smacked his arm, "don't be mean to Dean! He's your best friend!"

  "Not if it's his fault you passed out and  ended up in the ER!" Seth argued back.

  "Ya like he'd do that!" I scoffed, "stop being rude!"

  "Who's accusing Dean of what now?" Liam asked as the whole team came up to defend their friend.

  "Guys this is my brother Seth and his girlfriend Devin. Seth's just a possessive brat," I said mater of factly.

  "Says the one who's only gotta bat her eyelashes at Dean to get what she wants," Seth shot back. We were quite the siblings. It's all a game to us, not everyone else though.

  "You'd do the same for Devin," I said calmly.

  Everyone looked at Devin expectantly. "Well..." Devin trailed off, "I mean... she's not wrong."

  "You're not helping sugar," Seth sighed, "fine whatever. You win Z."

  "As always," I pepped, "nice game S."

  "Who's ready for a race?!" Damien's voice boomed over the crowd.

  "Looks like it's time," I said and headed for my car.