Chapter 100: Tragedy Strikes

Start from the beginning

"We totally just cheated death." Stormy remarked.

We made it to the trucks and snuck to the other side of them so that no one could see us.

"Should we split up to find the truck Peter's in?" He asked.

"No way. Splitting up is a very bad idea."

We went into the first truck, weapons ready and aimed, but no one was in there.

This was gonna take a while.
................................................
Cassidy's P.O.V.

"Any luck yet?" I asked Blue as I stood guard at the door to the control room.

He didn't reply so I turned around to see why and noticed that he was literally just staring down at a weird looking machine.

"Staring isn't gonna get us anywhere." I stated.

"I know." He said. "But I don't even know where to start. Like I told Mat, I just got lucky the first time."

"Explain to me what you did last time."

"Well there was a huge structure on the top of the building we did a hit on a few years ago. The structure acted as a magnet. We have one on top of this safehouse as well. I managed to break into the control room there and somehow made it to where the magnet became 10x's stronger. Even strong enough to attract wood."

"Wood? Wood doesn't attract to magnets though."

"If you can manipulate the magnetic field enough, you can attract anything. Even people."

"Well just think about how you did it last time."

"Yea cause that's definitely not what I've been doing for the past three minutes." He replied with sarcasm.

"No I meant try to breakdown the process. Think detail by detail. What makes a magnet stronger?"

"A stronger electromagnetic field."

"What makes an electromagnetic field stronger?"

"A stronger current."

"And what makes a stronger current?"

"A faster flow-rate of electrons.... And to do that...." He looked at me with realization written all over his face. "I need heat! Thank youuuu! I'd kiss you right now if I wasnt gay!"

Holy shit. Ryan was right.

I mentally applauded myself for my amazing contribution then turned to finish guarding the door.

"Okay so, to create a burst of heat I'll need to drastically increase the motion of the atoms and molecules in the pipe leading up to the magnet." He explained to himself.

"Why are you so smart?" I asked.

"I was a rocket scientist before I joined- er uh.... Yea I used to be a rocket scientist."

"That's so awesome. And before you joined what?"

"Oh nothing. The army."

"You were in the army?"

"We all were. Except Stormy, he was a navy seal."

"Interesting..." I knew he wasnt really gonna say 'before I joined the army' but I didn't question it.

Blue then got to work on whatever it was that he was gonna do. I was too busy freaking out about if someone actually came towards the control room. All I heard was gunshots outside and I prayed like hell that the guys would be able to handle the situation.