That Feeling

Chapter 41

You know that feeling you get when you just know something terrible is going to happen? Like your currently in the eye of a storm waiting for it to pass, to then be in the disaster that it'll create and leave behind. When you do something and you know your parents are going to punish you as soon as you see them. That's the feeling that grew in my stomach as the seconds kept rolling.

"What was that Charlie?" Vince asked.

I looked around at the group surrounding me carrying worried expressions. I tried to give them a reassuring smile but I'm positive no one believed it.

"I want you guys to head home just in case there's any trouble" I ordered them. Vince ended up rolling his eyes at me. I stared intently at him.

"C'mon on Charlie, we're not going to ditch you when our packs in trouble. We're coming with you. No matter what you say."

I looked him defeated, he had proven himself and the others that no matter what I say there going to follow me with the previous weeks of living here.

"Alright,fine. Let's go" 

~

By the time we reached the area which I last heard the howls it was full of werewolves in human form and wolf form. There was a thin line between each group. The tension was prominent in the air. If it was possible you could of been able to choke on it.

I walked into the cleared area with my head held high, though with a slight nervousness that I haven't felt in a while. Everyone in Eric's father's pack instantly froze whatever they were doing, literally. There eyes were full of shock and anticipation. I walked straight into the middle of the area in front of my pack. I noticed most of the wolves had drifted into the shadows that the trees had provided at this time of the afternoon.

"Charlotte wh-what are you doing here?" Principal Liam asked the astoundment clear in his voice. I smiled smugly at him. 

"What am I doing here? Well I was just walking in these forests for my daily stroll when I heard these howls, I thought they resembled wolves which I though was odd and followed the sounds to here. I am just as surprised to have found you here then you are of me" I lied to him with a straight confused face.

"Well-" I cut him off before he could start.

"No use lying, I've already guessed" I told him with narrowed eyes.

"You have?..." he asked confused.

"Of course I have, our town have been friendly with the forest wolves for thousands of generations, they almost act like dogs to you. It wasn't that hard to guess" I lied on the spot. I should receive a grammy sometime.

"Uh..." he trailed off, and gave me a weird look. "That's correct! When these wolves saw your friends they saw them as strangers, because they've never seen them before. Before anything regrettable happened we came in and calmed them down" He continued on with my on the spot story.

I smiled at him. I smiled at everyone. I smiled at the situation we were in.

"Well thank you for helping my unsuspecting friends from the potential danger" I said letting a chuckle slip in at the end.

"That was very kind of you, I hope you have a pleasant day guarding the forest. We'll be on our very way" I thanked him and started motioning my pack to start leaving the clearing, leaving me still visible to Principal Liam's pack.

"And until our next encounter" I told him, staring into his eyes watching as they suddenly grew to the size of saucers. I smirked then left as well. For I, am becoming impatient with this packs blindless of housing another pack and because of this I have possibly just given him a clue. A clue I know will bite me on the butt. A clue that happened to be my eyes changing to my wolves.