Twenty-Eight | Obvious

hey guys im really sorry i haven't been uploading its just that i started school couple of weeks ago and i needed to forcus a lot without distractions. So heres this chapter :)

----------------------------------------------------------

28

ERIC'S POV

Despite busying myself with eating the apple pie Charlie's friends made my mind kept lingering over the fact that they were both upstairs. Alone.

My wolf didn't feel particularly comfortable with this information. All he wanted to do was barge in there and keep her for myself and maybe throw in a punch or two. But I knew that couldn't happen. Not until I find out what is going on between us. I needed to research and ask around about werewolves having human mates. Was I the only one with this situation? To have a mate that knew nothing about my world, about the other half of me.

There had to be an explanation as to why I was paired with her. Fate wouldn't have done this for no reason. I just had to find why and how.

"Hey Mr. Moody stop attacking my pie!" Jade hollered from her side of the dinning table, pulling me out of my thoughts.

They all were watching me with amused grins. How long was I out of it? Looking at their stacked empty plates in the middle of the table, I can assume I was distracted for a while.

"Sorry" I muttered, pushing my plate away from me. I wasn't hungry anymore. 

"What's got your nose flaring?" Jay asked curiously, glancing at my no doubt agitated look. Images of Landon and Charlie hugging floating through my head once again.

"It's just- I can't stop- Nothing" I ended up spitting out. I realised they wouldn't understand what I was going on considering they were just humans. Just like Charlie was. Human. I've never despised a word so much in my life until now.

I saw Lacey whisper into her boyfriend's ear, making Jay raise his eyebrow at me with another one of their similar all-knowing grins.

Chuckling and shaking his head, "What do you think about Landon?" he asked unexpectedly.

Feeling the uncontrollable emotions flowing through me, my hands clenched just like they did whenever Landon had his arm on her. "He's fine" I said through clenched teeth. I couldn't stop these feelings. My wolf truly hated the thought of another male around our mate.

"I see" was all he said, giving me that smile. He couldn't really understand.

"What do you think about Charlie?" Hailey piped up, her face giddy like she knew something I clearly didn't.

Scrunching up my face, I didn't understand the question. What did I think about Charlie? What didn't I think about Charlie. Ever since I felt the sparks between us she's been on mind constantly. I couldn't push her out. I couldn't distract myself from her for more than 5 minutes.

"She's-"

"I hope you guys saved us some of that" speak of the devil and she'll appear. Charlie had popped up from behind me, jolting me. My answer dying in my throat as I saw her go around us to pick up a plate for herself and plonking down in the seat beside me.

I felt the hairs on my arms raise, as I felt the pull.

I've heard about this from my parents. When you first found your mate the attraction and sparks were instantaneous. You felt drawn to each other, to accept one another. Though for those who didn't exactly agree with the matching would feel this invisible pull whenever they were near. The longer they resisted the stronger the pull would become.