Eighteen | Bella and Blue

hey guys!

so im updating now because i wont be able to upload for about a week since my exams are all next week (which totally sucks) anyway hope you like this chapter!

--------------------------------------------------------

18

"Did you see me round house kick that rogue in the face?" Drake whispered, elbowing Dion who just grumbled in annoyance. His face now displaying a lovely faint purple bruise. Hailey grabbed her mates hand tightly, signaling him to be quiet which is exactly what was needed. Silence. We had gathered just outside the boundaries of my backyard and were standing in a circle around the small pair of wolves smack in the centre.

The two intruders hadn't shifted back yet and I had gathered it wasn't due to their lack of defiance against someone with power but their inability to actually shift back. They physically looked incapable to withstand the transformation back to their human forms. Just by glancing at them you could make out that they were seriously malnourished, their frame made out of visible bones. It wasn't a particularly lovely sight.

"When do you think they'll be able to change? It's starting to get really late and I'm worried your parents are going to get worried" Jade spoke out, voicing all of our thoughts. As the hours went by a new light was turned on from within the house, casting a soft glow to the darkness surrounding us.

"Any minute now, they've rested" I answered her, not really believing my own words. I had never experienced a situation like this. There weren't many under fed werewolves in our society.

"Look!" Lacey yelled quietly, pointing. My eyes caught the sight of the male pup slowly yet surely changing, the fur on his body diminishing, his face morphing back and his snout disappearing. He sat in the middle, shivering as he kept his hand firmly on the females back. She took a deep breath in before she underwent the same steps as the boy beside her.

Stifling a gasp, I stared in horror. I had my suspicions but I didn't except them to come true. Sitting huddled against each other, their arms and visible body parts were covered in bruises that wouldn't compare to the one Dion would soon be sporting. These two looked like had undergone relentless beatings, it brought a few tears to my eyes. How could people this vicious to attack the innocent?

Crouching down slowly, I stayed still in front of them, every move I made making the fear on their faces intensify. "Hey" I whispered, gaining a slight whimper from the girl. The sound pulled at my heart strings. They shouldn't be reeling in fear, not like this.

"It's okay, your okay. You guys are safe" I told them gently. Hoping they could see and hear the sincerity. I didn't want to cause them any more harm then what they have already endured. His blue eyes stared into my own seeming to search for the truth and only coming short. He couldn't see what he was searching for and turned to whisper into the girl cradled into his arms shaking.

"What are your names?" I asked softly, aware that the rest of my pack had crouched down and were sitting comfortably on the grass. They could sense and understand the preciousness of this encounter. They were like deer's caught in the headlight. Sensitive to every sound that was made and jumped at any signs of danger.

"Blue" he answered his voice firm yet was hesitant, his glowing eyes from the moonlight enforcing his credibility. His orbs were a deep crystal blue unlike any I've seen in my time. They were mesmerizing and incredible.

"Bella" the girl whispered only lifting her head a fraction for me to see her face. Unlike the one holding her she held eyes of grey, eyes stained with dried tears. Peering at both of them, they shared the same literally dirty blonde hair, same facial structures and their voices held the same tone and accent.