Seventeen | Rogues

Hey guys! just came back from Queensland yesturday at midnight.. :)

thought I should upload because you've waited a week for it, so i hope you enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------

17

After the glorifying in the fact that I had beaten Eric in the little race I continued to run in the direction of my house, letting my human legs give out and shift into my strong white and hairy wolf limbs. Though the run was short lived as I had to transform back when my house was a short distance away, I couldn't risk any wandering humans or my family discovering a random wolf in the woods. Though ironically that's exactly where we should be.

Smoothing out my clothes on my body, I rolled my shoulders back in an attempt to stretch the soreness away. I didn't think about the consequences of that bet considering I had pushed myself to the limit during last night's event. I was definitely going to need to take a long resting break soon. It had been a long time since I've run this much in a short period of time. I wasn't quite as young as I used to be, even though I'm only seventeen. Damn, I sound like such an old person.

"Honey is that you?" I heard a soft voice call out from the kitchen as I shut the back door close behind me. I felt a smile tug at my lips. It's been a while since I had one-on-one time with my mum. It was something I didn't realized I missed and craved. Mother and daughter bonding.

"Hey mum" I greeted her, falling into the neighboring couch beside her. Her eyebrow raised as she took the tired sight of me.

"Shouldn't you be in school missy?" she questioned, grabbing a handful of popcorn and stuffing them in her mouth, none missing and falling. Only someone with age and expertise could accomplish. How I was jealous.

"Different school, different teachers, yet surprisingly the same content is being taught to the very same bored Charlie" I filled her in, digging my face further into the couch, only mildly surprised that she understood my incoherent mumbling. I heard her motherly laugh before she placed the bowl on the wooden coffee table and turn the volume back up on her lunch time movie. Who would have thought the echoing distant sounds of the TV could gently rock you to sleep? Because that's exactly what had happened and by the time I felt myself stirring awake from loud noises, the sun shifted into the signs of late afternoon.

"Well it's very nice of you to wake up sleeping beauty" I sensed her presence before she spoke. Rubbing at my eyes to ease away the sleep fogging my vision, I sat up.

"What time is it?" I asked staring at a relaxed Lacey. She was only half occupied with eating an apple as she had her phone in her other hand.

"About five. We were waiting for you to wake up, the guys are getting pretty restless and need to be taken for a walk" she said grinning at me. Rolling my eyes, I stifled a yawn and left the comfort of the couch and paddled into the kitchen to find the rest of my pack. The girls being productive and studying while the male population in the room were raining chaos by running around and tackling each other.

"Alright, alright. Before you break the place, let's go out and have a stroll before dinner" I ordered, watching as the guys came to halt at the voice and grinned sheepishly. The girls letting out a synchronized sigh of relief, closed their opened books and followed the eager boys out to the background with me hot on their heels.

"So we'll just head to the North East border and then sprint it back home"

"Bets?" Leon asked, his grin evil. His mate elbowing him in the stomach as he begun to brag about his ability to out-race us all. He grunted at the blow but only planted a kiss on her forehead before conversing with the rest of the boys. Who were all pegging themselves on.