Fifteen | Like a Hamster

I would be lying if I said I didn't feel an ounce of soreness through my body. Last nights strenuous sprint really did take a toll on my physic. Walking seemed to be a chore for me at the moment as every sudden jerk made me inwardly hiss. I haven't felt this way in a long time. It was oddly satisfying, the chase was different and new. It sparked something in me.

Thursday was a day dedicated to P.E, aka. Physical sport. Now on any other occasion this would have seemed perfect, finally a way to challenge my pack members with each other through innocent games. Though today I wished I wasn't going to school. My limbs would no doubt be up for such things.

"Listen up, today we are going to be playing-", cutting our insanely too-buff P.E. teacher off, I spoke up with one arm raised. Still got to be respectful in some ways.

"I need to go to the bathroom now" I stated, already standing up.

He narrowed his eyes at me, but I narrowed my eyes back. A look of surprise went through his eye's, I had obviously startled him with the challenge. I'm certain only a selected few students ever went up against him. His large hulk-like demeanor a huge fear factor in the humans. He briefly considered me before lightly nodding his head before continuing his talk with the class. Our conversation was over and her was ignoring me.

Grinning at my pack, I winked. "See you guys at lunch" I whispered lowly, too low for anyone but them to hear. They looked skeptical, I knew they saw my slow movements and slight limp though they didn't dare say a word I knew they were worried about me. I was their alpha, but their best friend first. I smiled at them to show I was fine before leaving the school hall, the heavy blue doors slamming closed behind me.

The hallways were once again empty. It was class time so no one would dare to skip their lessons in fear for their principal and hall monitors. These poor mundane's had no clue that the head of the school transformed into a wolf. It always astonished me when I spent a few moments to realize how lucky they truly were. To not be involved in secrets, the inferior dangers and the codes and rules of being hell's very own blood hounds.

The hurried sound of wheels against the school's floor broke my reverie, turning my head I caught a glimpse of a male whizzing through the corridors on a skateboard, sunglasses on even though there was no sun and a lollipop sticking out of his mouth. I instantly recognized him. It was hard not too since I happened to keep bumping into him at odd times.

He paid no extra attention to me as he barely missed me standing in the middle of way. His skateboard curving slightly to avoid my presence, but not enough as I felt his leather jacket skirt my arm.

"Watch it!" I called out to him, my annoyance clear and evident in my voice. It echoed around the bare walls. My eyes were trained on him as he curved his board around to face me, slowly rolling into my direction, just stopping a few steps away from me. He kicked his board up, catching it effortlessly into his hand, chucking it under his arm in a cool manor.

I see why the girls would flock around him.

"I'm sorry, were you talking to me?" he answered, his voice cold and smooth. He honestly didn't seem at all interested in this conversation. A flash of a memory surfaced from deep down. His voice was all I remember, back then it was of course, higher pitched and held young teenage arrogance, but nonetheless remained cold and smooth.

"Speechless I see. My presence usually does that to females" he spoke again, a hint of a smirk evident. I felt my hand twitch, but I clenched it behind my back. I didn't need to be expelled for teaching Mr. Luca's son a lesson on modesty.

"I can't see why though. You remind me of a hamster I once owned" I replied, equally as coolly. I picked at my nails, trying to act nonchalant. His façade didn't faze me. I've seen many just like him and I've watched them break down over the years into love sick puppies that followed you like mud on shoes.

"Knowles?" he asked, his tone still cool but tight.

"I see you remember him. If you remembered him completely you'd know that he had a cuteness that only an owner could love."

I smiled as the muscles in his jaw ticked. Perfect. "It was nice seeing you again Eric, next time I'd watch how you ride on that thing when I'm around" and with the finality of my tone, I turned around and slipped into the next hall my destination the back school doors.

Pushing both doors open I felt the sunlight hit my skin. It was refreshing. I followed the pathway in the grass that was made by many years of wear until I reached the back gates where it disappeared. I followed the boundaries reaching the group of trees that blocked the secret getaway from the students quickly ducking my head and walking into the shrubs.

I subconsciously sat down on the old marble seat, lifting my legs from the ground and laying back with my head resting against the nearest tree. Before I knew what happened my eyes were closing and the soreness of my muscles disappeared slowly. 

---------------------------------------------------------

Vote! Fan! Comment!