Twenty-Six | Dimwit

hey guys.

uploaded 2 days in a row :)

---------------------------------------------------

Rushing into the hospital was a blur. The white walls blurring around me, the shouts and noises of people hustling were muddled into one continuous buzz. I knew Jake was right behind me, trailing me as I followed the gurney that the doctors and nurses were pushing. My father still unconscious while being tested and prodded while in motion.

I watched as they pushed open large doors and went through, the doors enclosing them. I lifted my hands to open them for myself when a hand gently gripped my forearm. Halting in my spot I stared down at the little lady wearing scrubs. Her look gentle.

"Sorry honey, you're not allowed in there" her voice light as she took us twins in.

I felt my throat restrict, my words of protest not coming up.

"When will he be coming out?" Jake asked, stopping my obvious attempts to speak.

Her gaze shifted to his, "After they diagnose what's happened to him they'll let you visit him in a room. But for now you'll need to wait in the waiting room" she informed us, her hand falling from her grip.

He nodded in understanding as she left us to sit behind the counter again.

"C'mon Charlie, lets sit down" he suggested pulling at my arm to follow him. My feet moved on their own accord as we sat down in the uncomfortable grey seats. He stayed in silence, watching everyone around us moving while I just stared down at my knotted hands.

My dad was currently in an unresponsive state for no apparent reason. I knew there was something wrong with him today. As soon as he began the whole speculation of my pack being kidnappers I knew he had lost it. Something had happened to him to cause him to be delusional and abnormally brash.

Moments later the shrill voice of my mum entered the room. My head snapping up to stare at her as she rushed in. Her hair a complete mess, her eyes red and her hand wildly swinging her handbag behind her.

"Where is he? Is he alright? Please tell me he's alright!" she demanded reaching us. She was breathless from running yet her voice was weak. She was his mate after all. Anything that happened to him would crush her.

"He's still in there. They'll come and grab us when they know something" Jake filled her in, pulling our mum into a side-ways hug. I stared up at them as they comforted each other. The sounds of other feet entering the room caught my attention as Liam Luca came into my view. His face devoid of emotions, stoic and in alpha mode. His Beta, second in command, was currently out of service for the pack. It was a concerning matter.

"Any news?" He asked, standing beside my mother who only shook her head to answer. He gruffly turned around to walk to a corner and pulled out his phone. Another body came into view, younger and with worried eyes.

His eyes locked with mine and I felt a sudden overwhelming sense of calmness. Standing up with no real control over my body I gravitated towards him as he met me half way. Coming close his eyes showed hesitance as he avoided any contact.

"Are you okay? I heard about the whole scene" he asked his eyes searching my face.

I smiled.

"I'm alright, thanks" I told him truthfully. I only began to feel emotions as soon as Eric came in but he didn't need to know that. Despite the inability to really be with him and accept our fate I was glad he came. My wolf and I felt comforted at just the thought that he worried for us.

"Eric, what are you doing here?" Liam asked confused, coming to greet his son. While they talked Jake came over to join as mum stayed in her seat staring at me.