Thirteen | Second Time

"You look like hell Charlie" Jessica stated, glancing at the obvious bags under my eyes. I sighed, placing a hand on the stairs banister to steady me. I didn't have much sleep after the nightmare. My eyes wouldn't stay closed. His face was etched into my mind, the dangerous glint of his incisors and the piercing last words he whispered. It was just too much for me to comprehend.

"Thanks for the compliment Jess" I answered sarcastically, all politeness gone. The late night wore down my patience and manners. Today was going to be long and horrible day, I could already feel it. My pack in response closed their mouths and bowed their heads slightly in respect. Great. Now I feel horrible.

"Sorry guys, I just didn't get much sleep last night" I apologized, rubbing my face in any attempt to help wake me up more. They nodded their heads in understanding, they knew about my nightmares, but not of them.

I gave them a weak smile and descended down the stairs in silence, with my pack quietly chatting with each other, obvious to my current state and mood.

Crossing into the kitchen for breakfast I found it unusually empty. No mother slaving away in the kitchen cooking up a storm, no father sitting at the head of the table reading the newspaper and doing paper work, no twin brother paying attention to only is phone. No one was here and it was only a Wednesday. Interesting.

"But, But, I'm so hungry!" Drake complained, realizing the empty kitchen as well. I rolled my eyes at him.

"You're always hungry" Hailey specified, elbowing him in the ribs and earning herself a painful growl.

"I guess we're just going to have make our own breakfasts, please don't make a mess, we don't have maids despite the largeness of the house" I told them, narrowing my eyes in the guy's direction. They were notoriously known for creating World War III when messing with food. I received nodes of confirmation before the females of the pack sat their partners onto the bench chairs and started preparing breakfast.

I smiled at them. This is what our future will look like.

I left them to reign chaos and ventured around the house. I heightened my wolf senses and pinpointed a small amount of people in my dad's work office. Making my way there slowly, I stared at all the family portraits hung on walls of the hallway. Each one showcasing a happy normal family to the eyes of friends and strangers. My parents obviously madly in love and raising a pair of reckless and cute twins.

Stopping short, I found the door of the room. Breathing in, I opened it abruptly halting the conversation held within the room. Four pairs of eyes met my tired ones, all with different emotions.

"Charlie honey, shouldn't you be in school?" my mother first spoke up concerned and coming to my side. Glancing at my father, I didn't miss the slight movement of his hands covering papers. This caught my interest.

"Mr. Luca said we could have a day off. He understands the transition into a new school can be too much for one week" I lied through my teeth, raising my eyebrows as a challenge. His narrowed eyes and clenched fist a sure sign that I've won this silent and quick battle.

"How nice of you Liam" my mum cooed, giving him a thankful smile.

"Don't mention it Claire" Liam Luca answered tightly. I had to bite my lip in order to stop the laugh from escaping and angering him more.

I heard his laugh before he made himself visible in my line sight. My eyes quickly shifted to the office's window where he occupied it, leaning coolly and observing us interacting with a soft smirk.

"Charlie, this is Eric, you do remember him right?" my father spoke up, introducing us to each other. Recognition crossed his face as his face relaxed and he held out his hand to shake.

His name bounced around my head, along with memories of us as kids. Laughing, playing, exploring our secret cave. All good memories until we started high school where the torment and bullying began. He was one of the main culprits who made my life a living hell. I felt my wolf stirring within me. Uneased and cautious. We could both feel something. Something we didn't understand. Ignoring it, I settled it to feeling hatred.

Narrowing my eyes at his hand, I stepped back, Eric's hand dropping to his side in confusion.

"I remember, please excuse me. Mother, my friends and I are going to retreat back onto our floors to continue our catch up on school work" I said gaining odd stares from my parents, an interested look from Liam Luca and a blank gaze from Eric. Giving them a final nod I left the room, letting go of my breath as soon as the door closed behind me.

Feeling the need to breathe fresh air, I directed my walk to the back door in hopes to explore more grounds of the forest covering our backyard and town. With a quick mental message to my pack of my whereabouts alone, I was gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't know how I ended up here but I was currently roaming around the local supermarket with a seemingly endless list created by my pack.

"Why are there so many types of cereal?" I whispered in despair. I had two boxes in my hand with the same name yet different brand. I was tossing up between which one is the correct one and it was absolutely driving me insane. This is why I am never the one in charge of food shopping. I just didn't have the patience nor experience to do it.

"Damn you Lacey" I continued angrily, throwing a box into the trolley and turning around, only to accidentally bump into a hard figure. Staggering back slightly was expected but the sudden feeling of fireworks and tingly sensations running up and down my arm was not expected.

Staring wildly at my arm, I felt my wolf stir for the second time today.

Feeling the sensations dying down, I snapped my eyes into the very blue eyes of a confused and obvious freaked out male with dark hair.

I let my eyes roam his face, instantly recognizing him for the second time today as well.

"I'm sorry" he quietly said, taking a step back absentmindedly.

"No, no it was my fault. Sorry Eric" I quickly fixed, ignoring his gaze. Turning my position, I hurriedly grabbed the trolley and strolled away into another alley to avoid him.

----------------------------------------------------

EDITED

Remember :

Vote!

Fan!

Comment!