Twenty-Five | Wild Fire

hey guys!

i am sooooo SORRY that i havnt uploaded in what probably felt like years, i've been busy and had writers block. Hope this will make up for it.

---------------------------------------------------------------

25

I'm almost certain he didn't drive the legal speed limit to get here. In fact, I'm pretty sure he drove though some houses just to reach me in a record time of four minutes. Four minutes. I looked between the car door and him as I hesitated against jumping into this speed demon. I didn't want to end my life in a petty car crash.

But the urgent side of my mind rang through as my pack flashed before my eyes so I jumped in. Giving out an automatic response to dad's work force. Now that I actually thought for a second, his work place was most likely a building that worked on pack matters. Stupid me, it's taken me this long to figure it out.

"What's going on Charlie?" he asked, sparing me a glance away from the road. I tried to mold myself into the car seat, to try and relax me. It wasn't working.

"Dad's gone crazy and arrested my friends" was the short response I muttered out. It was the short story of this whole wreckage.

"He arrested your friends?" he asked incredulous, "For what?"

My lips thinned out at his question, "He thinks they're kidnappers and are holding me against my will."

He sucked in a sharp breath, no doubt the news shocking him.

"I don't think he's feeling well Jake; you should have seen him. It wasn't him" I told him, trying to convince him that something was wrong with him. He nodded his head in understanding, just the knowledge of what he's heard is absurd.

"We'll figure it out, they won't charge your friends on assumptions" his assuring voice effectively calming me down. I let myself relax as I knew we'd fix this mess.

I placed my hand on his forearm that was on the gear stick, his body stiffening at first contact then lessening.

"I'm sorry for blowing up at you"

His eyes met mine and I could see the pain I inflicted on him. He shook his head.

"No, I deserved it", I squeezed his hand.

"Lets just put it all behind us. Can we be twins like we used to be?" I asked, immensely scared that he was going to reject this and make it a joke. He was my brother and I needed him and if he did that then I would forever have a hole in my heart that belonged to him.

"I don't want anything more than that" was his response, a smile gracing his worn out face finally.

Taking my hand back, I turned my head to the window. Staring at the constant blur of our surroundings as we drove to find our dad.

It must have been another ten minutes before I was able to spot the large black cars lined up outside of an office-like building. The emptiness of the vehicles made my stomach tighten. Through our pack link I could feel the boys still passed out while the girls tried to remain calm, already sensing that I was coming for them.

Jumping out of the car before Jake could park it, I sprinted to the doors. Not caring about their wellbeing as I pulled them and heard them hit the walls with a loud 'thump'. I saw an office receptionist jump in fright as she looked for the intruder.

Her eyes landing on her expression changed to annoyance. "Young lady you are in the wrong place, leave."

I felt the anger and frustration building up in me. Her stuck up nose and attitude implied that she thought I was a rowdy teenage human.