Ten | My Masterpiece

hey guys hope you's like this chapter =)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10

Second day into this new school and I was already tired. Who knew paying actual attention could tire out your brain? It makes me wonder how I've managed throughout these years. Don't get me wrong, I was an exceptional academic, but that only happened when it counted. So throughout the year when we didn't have exams or assessments my teachers were lucky I even showed up to classes.

My brain had a tendency to drift from concentration very easily so I was usually found outside in the school gardens or painting my locker. Yes. You heard right. Painting my locker. It took a while for my old school in England to accept my odd weekly activity, but it was the only way that they knew I'd be at school.

Painting my locker on a weekly basis was my own way of expressing myself. I think it was time that I welcome this activity to this school. Better get the principle used to this idea earlier when my name was fresh on his lips than later on.

Waiting for first period bell to ring, I gave my pack a toothy grin behind me. Earning myself some suspicious looks. They knew me too well.

"What are you thinking Charlie?" Leon whispered, low enough for the humans to not hear but not low enough for the odd wolf to chime in easily. 

Poking my tongue at him, I gave him and the others a sly wink. Gotta keep them guessing. 

As soon as I heard the bell ring I gave them a last wave before hauling my heavy backpack down the hallways, my locker my new destination. Math was once again not on my mind. Content when I reached my locker, I leaned against it watching as the last of the student body diminished from the hallway to their allocated classes.

Positive no one was out I turned and opened my bag, all the paint tubes spilling out to my own little delight. The sight of them exciting me.

Grabbing my array of paintbrushes, I began the process of my masterpiece.

Just as I was nearly finished my work I heard heavy footsteps making their way in my direction. Ignoring them in hopes it was just another student on a toilet break, I gave my locker its finishing touches.

Sensing a sudden presence behind me that I couldn't ignore for some reason, I stood up and turned around to face them. A slimmer of surprise went through me. This was definitely not a student. In fact, he looked too muscular and defiant to even be a teacher.

"What in heavens do you think you are doing here Ms.?" He asked, a slight edge to his hard voice.

Scrunching my face at him in confusion I quickly took a glance at my new-found canvas.

"I'm sorry" I started, "Is the message not clear enough? Should I have added more white to emphasis the figure?" I asked in deep thought. The locker did seem a little to dark maybe.

"Did I not speak clearly?" he questioned, his eyes narrowing on me. "I asked what you thought you were doing here, that locker is school property and you are in fact vandalizing it!" he spoke his tone of voice rising.

I couldn't stop myself, my eyes had their own agenda to roll themselves. This definitely earned me a death stare.

"What is your name?" He asked quietly. Oh he was a silent angry. Those ones are the scariest, though his façade didn't move me. I've dealt with worse. Much worse.

"Melton," I started, playing it cool "Charlie Melton." I could see I provoked him more so with just my name, if the hand clenching was a dead give-away.