Seven | A general Question

hey so I thought i might upload again because im nice :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The walk home eventually ended and I knew I had to face my confused parents. Groaning, I lightly pulled on the ends of my hair in frustration. It was my official first day home I spent most of it hiding from my parents.

"Chill Charles, for all we know they probably forgot about the whole ordeal" Lacey comforted as she placed her hand on my shoulder. I gave her a pointed look. It was very unlikely that the Beta of a wolf pack would brush off an odd occurrence like this.

Lacey getting my point backed off understanding that I needed to think alone.

Reaching the front door, I could only sense two people in the house. My parents. Lounging on the couches together.

Gathering up the courage, with my pack behind me for constant support I opened the door. Cringing as it made groaning sounds, obviously gaining my parents attention from the other room.

"Charlie honey, can I speak to you please?" I heard my dad call out from his spot. Sucking in a breath I looked at my friends worried expressions.

"Yeah, just give me a minute!" I yelled back. Turning my attention back at the group I gave them a small smile. "Just hang out in the games room until I finish okay?" I ordered them, motioning them up the stairs.

They all just stood in their spots, refusing to move. Eight pairs of eyes locked onto me. Rolling my eyes at their stubbornness I pointed to the stairs. "Go" I ordered once again, letting my voice steer clear. Unable to resist my slight alpha tone they bowed their heads and retreated after giving me one last glance.

"I'll be fine guys" I reassured them as they continued their way up the stairs. "I always am" I whispered out to myself, reassuring myself more so.

Locating my fathers recent scent, I pictured him in his study alone. My mum shuffling in the laundry room. Gathering my nervous composure, I started the walk to his office. Pausing a moment to ensure I truly masked my panicked expression, I opened the door quietly. Glad that it didn't seem to disturb my father, who sat behind his desk in deep thought.

Tapping into his train of thought, I was able to catch the last of his words. *I just don't understand. Jake can shift, why can't my poor Lee?* he pondered, staring intently at an old family photo beside him.

Clearing my throat, I met his glazed eyes.

"Oh hey honey, I didn't hear you come in. Hope you weren't standing there too long?" He asked, motioning me to sit on a chair in front of him.

I shook my head, "Only a minute, don't worry. What's up?" I asked, settling down comfortably.

The gleam shortly left his tired eyes as he focused his attention back on me. "I just wanted to see how you were doing, especially after lunch" he explained, his large hands tightening on this desk in front of him.

Wincing, I tried not to think about what had happened.

"Yeah, I'm alright. Sorry about that by the way. I probably ruined your whole day. I didn't mean for you guys to hear our conversation. It got way out of hand" I apologized, glancing into my lap.

I couldn't stand seeing the pained look on his face. That his own son betrayed them all. That I was the cause of this huge family stain. I sighed, glancing back at his stare. His eyes held a sought of confusion and holding back. I inwardly grimaced.

"I want to say it's okay, that everything will be better but what Jake did won't fade from my mind anytime soon" he confessed, leaning back in his chair. His shoulders now tense. I sighed once again, getting up from my seat and quickly stood beside him. I gently hugged him from the side, already feeling him relax.

Ahh, the pros of having the ability to calm down big angry wolves.

"We'll need to move past this, it'll just take time" I assured him. I felt his body shake. Looking down at his face I saw him chuckling.

"Since when did you become an adult?"

I laughed, leaning away from him. "It's a growing process, don't worry. Soon I'll be doing the taxes and signing the papers for your retirement home" I joked, lightening the mood.

"This is why you're my favourite daughter Lee"

I broke away, walking towards the door, "Dad I'm your only daughter."

"I know, I know. Wait before you leave" he paused, stopping me. I turned around, my hand still on the doorknob.

"What's wrong?" I asked, staring at his stern gaze.

"Just a general question, do you believe in werewolves?" he asked, throwing me completely off my guard. My guard must have dropped slightly as his eyebrows slowly rose. I quickly and urgently blocked it off. Turning my head away from his hopeful and expectant stare. I couldn't lie to his face.

"No" I stated slowly. Hearing him suck in a break didn't hurt me as much as the silent sound of his heart crashing. "Goodnight dad" I ended, leaving the room as fast as I could. If I looked into his eyes it would all be over, he'd know I was lying even if I put up a front.

Running up the stairs, my mind raced with negative thoughts. The idea of lying to my parents and my dad especially was squeezing at my heart. I didn't know how I was going to continue this lie when it was breaking his heart slowly and steadily. Though understanding that this secret was for the safety of my family and friends it didn't lesson my guilt. Pulling my day clothes off and tugging a large t-shirt over my body, I crawled into bed suddenly exhausted with the long day. Instantly my problems fading away as my head touched to the pillow.

David's POV

The frustration and anger I felt for Jake was indescribable, though I couldn't form the word hate in my mind. He was still my son. My idiotic and dim witted son. Though I must admit finding out she didn't leave because of my lack of being home during those last few months of her at home before she left for England brought a sense of relief.

The words left my mouth before I stop it. Though I didn't regret them. "Just a general question, do you believed in werewolves?"

Noticing her suddenly tense posture I stared at her curious. Her head turning to face away from me she answered, "No" with a tense and curt tone. No emotion, no wonderment of the question. Though I saw a slight emotion flicker through her eyes. The eyes of her mother. The same eyes I knew like the back of my hand. That's why I knew she must have been hiding something. I wasn't quite sure but I knew. She quickly left after that. Her footsteps echoing through the quite house to her room.

That was enough for the night though, and without second thoughts I left my office and found myself going to bed beside my mate Claire. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDITED

Remember

~ Vote! ~ Fan! ~ Comment! ~