Twenty-Two | Mates

The image attached is what I envisioned the newbie twins to look like. :)

----------------------------------------------------------

22

"Okay four periods of school should be enough" I whined out pouting at Eric who sat beside me. He gave me an amused expression before shaking his head in disagreement. The odd ball for some reason was actually doing the work the teacher had assigned leaving me to go out of my mind beside him. He had for us to sit at the back of the classroom dropping my backpack beside him. He was still instructed to carry my bag despite the hassle he gave me for it. He did have a slight break though, during lunch when I sat with my friends and he with his.

He stuck true to his words. He really did have all my classes and made it his mission to keep an eye on me. The damn snitch. I had the urge to flee school halfway through last period, asking to go to the bathroom but hoping to sneak out. But alas! The douche followed me shortly after to ensure I didn't escape.

My pack had been suspicious of the guy when he followed me around like a lost puppy with a bad and obnoxious attitude but once I explained how the principal was behind it they found it quite amusing. Leaving me to have my own personal bag carrier.

"Another bet?" I asked trying to get his attention. It worked, he turned to face me with a smirk.

"Always" he answered simply.

"If I can finish this sheet within ten minutes we're leaving" I told him. He cocked an eyebrow at me in a challenge. He didn't believe I could do it. Oh poor poor child. If only he knew I could be the next Einstein reincarnated. If I went to school.

"Alright and if you can't your going to have to do all my biology homework for the week"

I gave him an incredulous smile. Of course I wasn't going to do the homework. I nodded my head before turning to face my empty sheet.

"Start now" he signaled, starting the timer on his phone.

"Charlie-2, Eric-0" I sang out loud. Hearing his muttering of swears only made me happier. I had finished the paper with a minute left to spare. He had sat their staring at me astonishment. He honestly thought I wasn't smart. How dare he belittle my ability to be smart. So with that I had asked to go the bathroom, Eric asking a few moments later and here we were. Walking in the woods together just leaving the secret back school fence.

"You're making me look bad" He grumbled clearly not too happy. I only poked my tongue out at him. Childish I know but can you blame me? I was up one on the cranky alpha. Well two up to be precise.

"So now what?" he asked, staring blankly at the trees.

I grinned before starting off on a sprint. Hearing his catch of breath, surprised. He quickly followed, the backpacks around him making him look comical. Giving him a little wave from in front I pushed myself a little more, swerving around the odd plant. I knew exactly were I was planning on going but I didn't know if he had picked it up yet.

Keeping a steady pace, Eric staying on a foot behind me I saw it. Grinning evilly, I allowed myself to surge forward with more speed before feeling the earth beneath my feet disappear. The air around me warping as I fell into the hole. Everything around me turned to darkness before I felt the soft feel of the sand underneath me. Crouching to minimize the effect of jumping down, I landed perfectly.

Not even a second later another figure landed beside me a grin plastered to his face. He dusted himself before standing up. "I haven't done that in a long time." Was all he said before ditching me to venture along the glistering cave walls until he reached the open clearing. Sitting on the rocks around the perfectly placed pond we quietly examined the place. Nothing was out of place since the last time I brought my group down here. The light memory of their expressions as I 'accidently fell'.