─ xliii. pawn shop blues

Start from the beginning

"Over here," she heard him call out. Looking toward the source, she saw him sitting on a log near the shiny riverbank. She walked towards him. The closer she got, the more she saw his eyes. His shiny blue eyes, red and puffy from crying. It looked like he was still crying. When she was near, he immediately got up and pulled her into a tight hug, catching her off guard.

"Shh...shh, it's okay." She cooed, holding him tight as she heard his sobs and felt his tears fall on her white t-shirt.

"It's bad, Lola." He mumbled shakily under his cries. He pulled from her. The sight of his pained face broke Lola's heart.

Jughead ran his fingers through his black hair as he sniffled. "I don't know what to do anymore," he turned to the river, wiping his eyes. "I-I mean...sometimes I feel like I should've left with my mom and my sister."

Lola stayed quiet as he vented to her. She quietly sat on the log he was previously on. Jughead looked out on the water, shoulders shaking as he started to cry again. "....I don't know how you're with me, Lola......I don't want to bring you down..."

"Too bad because I'm with you....until the end," she said sternly, making him turn to her. Her shoes crunched the snowy floor as she stood in front of him. "I told you, I'm not going anywhere at all...."

-

Now I can bitch and moan about all the things that happened through the day but that's not my style. I'll just skip to the terrible parts and give you a brief summary on what happened.

Cheryl blamed Jughead for her brother's death. Jughead and Lola helped Betty, Hepburn and Archie discover the truth. The truth being that Clifford Blossom killed my best friend over a drug ring. You heard right. He killed my best friend. But I found out that was the least of my problems.

~•🌙•~

Manic walked into his house just to gather more clothes from his room. He had hoped that things would go smoothly. He hoped that his mom and dad were gone somewhere but he was wrong. They were home. He sighed, closing his car door. He braced himself for what was to come as soon as he set foot through his front door.

Without knocking, he swung the door open. No one was in the front area, which he was thankful for. He hurriedly ran up the stairs and walked down the hall to his room. Once he entered his room, he paused. Everything was how he left it. The guitar was knocked down from when he ran in after the funeral. His bed a bit disheveled and his picture of Lola and Jack had fallen on the floor. Other than that, nothing's changed.

Manic stood there to think for a second. He wondered what's been going on with his mom and dad. How were they feeling. But that quickly went away when he began to remember that they lied to him for years. And now he was paying the price for it.

Manic moved to his closet, picking up a duffle bag and started packing more clothes.

"Mijo?" A feminine voice ranged in his ear. He paused and looked towards the door to he his mother standing there with unshed tears and a slow smile. "Manic, you're here."

Manic turned his attention back to his packing, ignoring her. That didn't sit well with the Puerto Rican well as her smile fell. "Manic, what's gotten into you?"