─ xli. hazardous

"Are you mad that I threw you a party?" Lola asked warily. Her and Jughead stayed into the kitchen while everyone else went off to enjoy the get together. Only her and Jughead stayed behind to talk a while. Jughead shrugged, walking towards her.

"I appreciate everything you did for me, I really do." He said. "But I just wish it was only me, you and the rest of us in Pops or just me and you."

Lola pursed her lips and gave him a look he grew familiar with. Which made him quickly retaliate. "Not to say this isn't nice, really. It's just I like my old routine."

"Okay, how about this," Lola said, placing her hands on his shoulders. "You endure five minutes of this and me and you can sneak out and go to Pop's once everyone isn't paying attention."

Jughead smiled, circling his arms around her waist.
"Only if you are treating the birthday boy,"

Lola laughed loudly before kissing his lips.

A knock at the door interrupted their moment. Jughead looked at her with another confused look. Lola was just as confused.

"Did you invite anyone else?"

Lola nodded her head. "No, I didn't."

Betty walked over to the door and opened it. It revealed Cheryl and a heap of people behind her. "You really think you could have a party without inviting moi?"

Lola and Jughead walked in to hear loud music, people coming in and she thought she saw kegs being carried in. "What the hell is going on?!"

"Lola, dear!" Cheryl cheered, pulling her into a tight hug. Lola pushed her off, mad that this was gonna be a rager. "Cheryl, what the hell are you doing?"

"This is a birthday party," she said with an innocent look. "It's should be a party and not a poor example of breakfast at Tiffany's."

"She's right," Betty said, catching the brunette off guard. "Juggy, you are getting your party rather you like it or not."

Lola groaned and walked away from the two with her boyfriend in tow.

-

Manic noticed the amount of people that filled the household and the blaring music. "This is unsettling." He said, standing behind Kevin, Joaquin and what it looked like to be, FP.

Kevin jumped at his sudden appearance. "Manic, hey!"

Manic gave him a look before looking at FP and Joaquin. "Anyway, hey."

"You got out?" FP asked, mildly shocked to see him here instead of in the asylum. Manic shrugged his arms. "Eh, family visit or whatever so I'm free for a week."

"Mr.Jones!" Lola's voice brought their attention. She walked over to the small group with Jughead. "You came after all!"

FP nodded a little, pursing his lips. "Yeah, happy birthday Jughead,"

Jughead nodded, not saying anything.

"Didn't realize you had this many friends." He said, looking around.