─ xxi. gothic resolution

( chapter twenty one! )
  ─ jasper the asshole ghost!

"So are you and Jones a thing now?" Manic asked randomly the next day at school. Lola giggled quietly as they walked down the hall way. "This is like the third time asking me since yesterday. Why does everyone want to know?"

Manic shrugged his shoulders with a grin. He noticed that Lola was happier than normal. And for that, he was happy. It was good to see her smile more. Instead of having a permanent bitch face. "As a protective older brother-"

"By two minutes," she reminded. He rolled his brown eyes. "Two minutes you will never get but as I was saying, I care about you and about your safety....and if you're using proper protection-"

"Okay, ew stop" she stopped him there causing him to laugh. "I'm still a virgin, okay?"

"Would you rather hear this from mom or me?" He said, raising a eyebrow. Lola nodded her head, knowing he had a point. "Because she'll freak when she finds out you have a boyfriend."

He held the door of the student lounge for her.
"We're not boyfriend and girlfriend," she insisted.

"Oh yeah, then what are you?"

"Just....two people who..." She trailed off, finding the right words. "Hang out and...hold hands and um.....sometimes kiss."

Manic pretended to think about what she said. "Hmmmm....sounds like boyfriend and girlfriend to me, Lolo."

Lola rolled her eyes and then proceeded to walk over to the vending machine. "You're an idiot, Manic."