─ v. midnight

( chapter five! )
midnight skies are the prettiest

( chapter five! )─ midnight skies are the prettiest

-

  The body of Jason Blossom was finally discovered in the lake by Kevin and Moose late night.
Jughead and Lola head to the lake together after hanging out in Pop's most of the night. Manic had texted her what happened. They watched as police had dragged his body out the water. He had a bullet hole in the middle of his forehead. His skin was murky and sickly white. It was truly sad.

Lola offered Jughead a ride home but he said he would walk to get the image out of his mind. So she let him, promising him that she would text him. Manic and Lola drove home in silence. Still silence. They both were in disbelief. More so Manic. He was an asshole, yeah but he was still his best friend. He just couldn't believe he was murdered. In some way, he felt at fault. Maybe if he would've stopped him from going, he would've been alive now. But no matter how bad he felt, he's not coming back.

As soon as they entered their manor, Manic sped walk all the way up the stairs and slammed his bedroom door, not wanting to be bothered for the rest of the night. He ignored his mom's calling out to him. Their parents heard the news and wanted to know if he was okay. But their father stopped her from following him stating 'he needs time, Caramia'
Lola sighed as she climbed the stairs to her room.

As soon as she walked in, she closed her door and plopped down on her bed face first, ready to sleep the rest of the night.

-

It was about midnight and Lola couldn't sleep. She tossed and turned but nothing.
It was really frustrating. So she sighed and picked up her phone and texted the first person she thought of.

Jughead laid awake. Also not able to sleep. So he did what he best and that was write. Not in his novel but in his short story about Lola Rose. The girl of his dreams.

'Tonight had to be the best day on my life. I got the girl of my dream's number, hung out with her, laughed with her, and knew more about her. How many guys get to say that? Crazy, I know. I'm glad she actually wants to be my friend. No one could take this high away from me. Not even Archie.
I honesty never thought I would laugh much again. But she came along and changed that.
You know how romantic novels and movies always say 'Everyone has that one person who can make a none believer of love change their mind quick'? Well I don't know if it's love but she changed a bit of my perspective. And I'm fine with that.'

A ding from his phone interrupted his typing. He picked up his phone  that lied beside him and unlocked it. It was a text message from Lola?
Jughead's eyes widened a little. She's still up? Not that he was complaining.

Lola Rose🌹: you still up Jones? Let's talk

Jughead almost didn't reply just to seem cool but thought against it. He quickly reply.

Juggiehead💘: what's up, night wolf?

Lola giggled softly at his nickname before replying.

Lola Rose🌹: night wolf, I like it lol you still workin' on that novel?

Juggiehead💘: yeah I couldn't sleep...Jason's body is still in my mind.

Lola Rose🌹: yeah I know what you mean Manic is pretty upset about it.

Juggiehead💘: well I hope he's okay by morning he was his best friend, right?

Lola Rose🌹: yeah not much mine but still Manic in some way cared about him

Juggiehead💘: speaking of red heads, why do you hang out with Cheryl? You seem uninterested in her...

Lola Rose🌹: tbh.....i don't know myself. I guess I feel like since our parents are rich and they knew each other I felt obligated to but now, i distance myself from her and I still don't know why

Juggiehead💘: well if it makes you feel better we can be loners together only if you're okay with not being popular

Lola Rose🌹: I rather be with you than have to hang out with that dickhead Reggie

Jughead laid back laughing at her insult.

Juggiehead💘: anyone who hates Reggie more than I do is welcomed in my lonely people club

Lola smiled down at her phone, turning to lay on her back.

Lola Rose🌹: I feel honored to be apart of such club but I'm getting sleepy....wanna hang out at school??

Jughead sighed fondly. He had hoped that this wasn't a one time thing.
He was the one who felt honored.

Juggiehead💘: yeah I do .....and I like you very much

Jughead thought about that and deleted the message, not having the guts to tell her yet.

Juggiehead💘: yeah sure, see you at school night wolf.

Hey guys!
1k reads!! I'm happy!
So I wanted to update this filler as a gift to you guys and t have a bit more insight of Manic's mind state on Jason's death.
Few questions!
1.Do you think Jughead should've told Lola his feelings?
2. How do you think Manic is feeling after discovering Jason's body?
3. Do you think Jughead and Lola are cute?
4. This ain't a question- I just wanna take the time to say Cole and KJ are bae goals