─ xxii. driven

( chapter twenty two! )
─ all we do is drive

It was after school and Jughead was walking to Lola's locker. The two of them were gonna hang out at Pops and do homework together there.

Girlfriend.

He would have never had thought this day would come. He had himself a girlfriend and it wasn't just any kind of girl. It was his dream girl. He still thought he was dreaming. This all was too good to be true still.

He turned the corner but paused when he saw Archie talking to Lola. It looked like they were laughing and having a good time. And that irritated Jughead inside.

"You're very funny, ginger snap." She giggled out, pushing his shoulder. Archie grinned. The same grin he gave girls when he was interested in them. Jughead knows this because he had seen it many times.

So, deciding that he had enough, he boldly walked over to the laughing two. He shined a fake smile at Archie once he reached the two. "What are you two jokers laughing about?" He asked in fake interest.

Lola turned around to him and pecked his lips. "Hey, Juggy. Archie was just telling me a funny story,"

"Oh!" He said. His voice sounding a bit too high and his expression looked a bit too happy.

He wrapped both arms around her waist, pulling her back to his chest tightly. As if to say 'this is mine, not yours'

"I wanna laugh," Jughead said, looking Archie straight in the eye and kissing the side of her head, smelling her rose scented hair.

"What was the story, Archie?"

Archie visibly narrowed his eyes at his brunette friend. He saw what he was trying to do. He was trying to show off but he wasn't gonna let him have the satisfaction of seeing him jealous.

"We were talking about the time you embarrassed yourself in front of her," he said, crossing his arms. "You remember 8th grade graduation, right?"

Jughead glared at him, seeing what he was doing. He was not about to let this Cameron Monaghan wanna be win this.

"Yeah, wasn't that the same day you nearly crapped yourself on stage while giving a speech?"

"Okay," Lola said, cutting them off. She could feel the animosity between them. But she didn't want to be in the middle of them fighting. "How about we all go to Pops together and hang out?"

"Yeah, Archie," Jughead said, looking at him with a fake smile. "You wanna hang out with my girlfriend and I?"

Archie have him on east glare before looking back at Lola. "I actually have somewhere to be, but thanks,"

Lola nodded her hear, understandably. "Okay, see ya!"

Archie smiled at her one last time before walking the opposite direction.

As soon as he was out of ear shot, Lola turned to Jughead with a bright smile.

"Girlfriend?"

Jughead blushed a light pink while shrugging. " I don't like when others try to take what's mine."

Lola giggled, grabbing his hand.

"Besides the fact of that being kinda hot, I'm not going anywhere."

Jughead smiled, grabbing her face with both hands and pulling her up for a longer kiss. She leaned into it more as their lips moved in sync.

He pulled away and rested his forehead on hers, basking in the moment.

"Good, because you can't go anywhere, you know too much about me," he joked causing her to laugh out loud.

She pulled away, grabbing his hand.

"Come on, green eyed monster,"

-

At the diner, they were almost done with their homework. They spent half of the afternoon joking and working.

One of Cheryl's minions walked up to the table and their laugh just stopped.

"Hello, Lola." She said stiffly with a smile. Lola raised her eyebrows at her, letting her continue.

"Cheryl sent me to invite you to her sleepover tonight with Veronica Lodge and wanted to know your answer,"

Jughead looked at his girlfriend with a curious look. She shrugged, before looking back at the cheerleader.

"Tell her thanks but I'm actually hanging out with my boyfriend tonight so I can," she said I'm fake disappointment.

The girl looked at Jughead, who waved at her as if to say hi with a strained smirk. But he felt really uncomfortable with the way she was staring at him.

And Lola didn't like it, either.

"What the hell are you looking at my boyfriend for?! Go away!" She yelled at her, causing the girl to jump out of fear and speed walk away.

"Don't you ever look at him again!" She yelled after her. She didn't care if some people were staring at her.

Don't mess with the ice queen's man.

Jughead, however, was basking in the moment. He leaned back and folded his arms. His face was decorated in a fond smirk.

Still seething with jealousy and anger, she looked back at him with the same frown on her face. "What?"

"Who's the green eyed monster now?" He asked jokingly. She slowly started to blush and smile.

"Shut up, I can't help it. I'm very possessive and jealous sometimes,"

Jughead chuckled, grabbing her hand. Their fingers laced together.

"Don't worry, so am I."

Yay fillers!!!!

How'd you like it?
I'll update the funeral scene tomorrow and so on.

You guys wanted more possessive Jughead so here's a sneak peek on what's to cone in this story, I hope you like it.

Comment your reactions and love ❤️

See ya on the flip side!