─ xl. gingerbread man

Lola's party outfit^^^

"Manic Montoya!"

Manic sat on the couch, drawing like usual on that afternoon as the guard yelled for him again. Manic, without looking up, yelled back. "Yeah?"

"Looks like you're having a family week, pack your things," he said before leaving. Manic looked up, confused. A family week? Who granted him a family week?

"Come on, kid." The guard said, impatiently," You're shuttle is waiting."

Manic, shaking off the shock, closed his book and shot up like a silver bullet.

-

Lola quickly grabbed her gifts for Jughead as she picked up her keys. Betty texted her an hour ago, telling her that the party is at Archie's house. Which meant she was gonna have to avoid him. She was still mad at him telling everyone about her brother Jack. She wasn't gonna forgive him yet.

Just as she was gonna walk out, someone grabbed her hand, making her jump and screamed. She spun around and saw Manic there with a smile. "Miss me, Lolo?"

Lola screamed and tackled him with a hug. "Manic!"

"Haha," he laughed, hugging her back.

She pulled back, still not believing he was here. How did he get here?

"What....how did you get out so early?"

Manic shrugged. "I don't know, they told me someone requested a family week and that's a big thing for patients underage, but they never told me who."

"Well, Jughead's birthday is today and I'm throwing him a party, you wanna come?"

Manic warily scratched his short hair. He didn't think he was ready to be in a room full of people just yet but the happy look on his sisters face made him not wanna disappoint her. So he smiled at her and nodded. Lola smiled back and pulled him with her out the door.

-

Lola hid in the kitchen when she got to the house, putting the finishing touches to the cake she made while talking to Kevin. "How's Manic?" He asked as she placed candles in. All she did was smile sly and gave him a wink . "Funny that you say that," said as she placed candles on the cake. Kevin frowned and turned to the entrance and saw Manic enter the house. Kevin widened his eyes. "Manic?!"

Manic jumped at the sound of her voice, which grabbed everyone's attention. "Manic?" Veronica said, surprised to see him there. And his long locks all gone. Everyone quieted down, looking at him in surprise.  Manic started feeling uncomfortable under their stares. He knew he wasn't ready to be in a crowd of people.