─ xxxvii. reunion

Outfit of the chapter ^

After school, Lola went to her locker by herself. Betty offered to stay with her and so did Kevin and Veronica but she wanted to be alone. Jughead tried to talk to her but she ignored him. She was mad that he believed Archie over her. And she was beyond pissed at said red head. So she avoided him at all cost.

"Hey, Lola." A voice made her jump a bit. She looked and saw Cheryl standing there. She had a solemn look on her face. Lola frowned a bit. Why did she need to talk to her?

"I just wanted to say....thank you for trying to get through to my mom at the baby shower." She mumbled, fiddling with her fingers. Lola smiled a little and shrugged. "It's not a problem, Cheryl. Really....you shouldn't be treated the way you do by your own family."

"Speaking of that," she spoke up, looking in to her eyes. "I'm sorry for what happened to Manic...."

Lola sighed, nodding. She's still deeply hurt by not having him around. But she really appreciated that Cheryl, of all people, cared enough to see if she was okay. "Thank you,"

Cheryl smiled a bit, patting her shoulder.
"If you ever wanted to...hang out or talk, I'm around."

Lola giggled. That took a lot for her to say, she could tell through her strained smile. Nice effort, though. "Thank you, again. Cheryl, same goes for you."

Cheryl nodded and started to walk away. Lola watched her walk off and smiled a bit. Maybe she wasn't as bad as she thought or showed. She could really relate to her.

Just as she was about to turn back to her locker, in came Archibald Andrews, running towards her. "Lola!"

Lola looked and growled, turning to her locker. "What do you want, Walmart Ron Weasley?"

He knew he deserved that. He had time to reflect on what he said at the baby shower and it was very so wrong of him to talk about her brother like that. Especially causing a rift between her and Jughead. No matter how much he's mad at him, he didn't mean to hurt Lola.

"Look, I just want to say that I'm sorry for Manic and I'm sorry for mentioning Jack-"

SMACK!

He suddenly felt pain across his face forcing his head to turn to the left so fast, it almost gave him whip lash. Lola's glowing eyes turned stormy green as she glared at him. "You're sorry?! Really?! Not only did you make Jughead think I was lying to him about a lot of things, you mentioned something that I didn't want anyone else to know yet!!!" She yelled angrily. Archie looked at her blankly, still feeling the slap on his now red cheek.