─ vi. these things happen

( chapter six! )
─ welp....shit happens

shit happens

Monday came around. In the Montoya manor, it was dead silent.
Manic was silent. He didn't speak a word to anyone. Everyone was just cautious around him. Lola knew he had a way of grieving. And it was best to let him grieve on his own.

As Lola drove with Manic to school, she glanced at him. He sat there with his arms crossed, sunglasses on, slumped in his seat.

"You okay, speedy?" She asked, concerned.
He sighed loudly. Obviously, not wanting to talk to anyone. "I'm fine, Lolo."
Lola sighed and continued to drive. The rest of the way, it was silent.

Once they got to school, Manic walked off to god knows where, ignoring all of his friends and anyone else who tried to greet him. Lola sighed. She noticed a memorial shrine at Jason's locker. She also saw Manic pause, taking time to look at it. She hated see him like that.

Manic took off his sunglasses and stared at Jason's old locker. Sadness and guilt eating at him. That was his best friend. Partner in crime. They might not have always agreed with each other but they were thick as thieves.
"Hey," Archie said, bringing him out of his thoughts. "Are you okay?"

Manic stayed silent, staring at his locker. His own only across from him.
Archie sighed. He wasn't gonna get through to him.
"Look, uh....I know Jason was your best friend and I just want you to know, if you wanna talk about it, I'm here."

Manic scoffed, humorlessly smirking. "Whatever, Ginger Snap." He mumbled before walking away.
Archie watched as he walked down the hall. Probably the first time he's see him without Lola.

"Do you think I could use Jason Blossom's death as an excuse to get out of P.E.?" Jughead's voice brought him out of his thoughts. Archie looked at him as he continued. "'Sorry coach, I'm just too depressed and freaked out right now to do pull ups'"