─ xvi. yours

( chapter sixteen! )
─ made room for one so baby I'm yours

Jughead didn't go home straight away. He was reeling. He was actually....happy. Happier than he had ever been. He actually felt lighter on his feet. Was it love? He didn't know. It sure did feel like it. But there was one thing. He wondered if she felt some sort of attraction to him. He hoped so.
He knew he needed advice. So he went to the only person he was willing to talk about this sort of thing to. Archie.

Jughead jogged up the front steps and knocked on Archie's front door.
3 seconds later, Archie opened the door, a bit shocked to see Jughead. And actually smiling.

"Hey, Jughead," he said, stepping out and closing the door behind him. "What brings you here?"

Jughead, not able to take the smile off his face, he took off his hat and ran his fingers through his black hair. "It's Lola, Archie," he said chuckling a little. "I-I think I'm in love with her."

Archie's face dropped visibly. Love? He was not expecting this. Not at all.

"Y-you sure, I mean that's a big assumption."

"I have not been more sure in my life about anything," he said, sitting on the porch swing he had. He placed his hat back on his head, still thinking about the park. How she held onto him and told him she didn't want to let him go.

"I mean...how many guys like me can say that they hang out with the girl of their dreams?" He said, looking at Archie. "Archie she's....she's the most amazing girl I have ever met, I mean she's funny, smart, talented, and so beautiful....she's perfect."

Archie folded his arms, looking off. "Yeah...I know." The past couple of days with their music sessions, he began to see all of that in her. She was truly more than what was on the surface. So he wholeheartedly agreed with him. Even though, he felt a tiny pang of envy.

But Jughead didn't hear him. He was just too in his thoughts about the Raven haired girl.

"I just sometimes wonder, what does she see in someone like me to even associate herself with me?" He wondered, once again running his fingers through his hair. "90% of the guys at school all have a thing for her, she can have anyone she wants...I just feel honored to finally be noticed by her."

Archie forced a small smile for his best friend.
"Well, you're a great guy, why wouldn't she be into you? If you ask me, you're the luckiest guy ever to have her as a friend."

Jughead smiled at him. He knew Archie would understand.
"Thanks, Archie. I knew you would understand."

Archie kept his smile on, patting him on the shoulder.
"Yeah, no problem....no problem at all."

-

As soon as Lola got home, she ran all the way to Manic's room, where he was playing his guitar a bit. Once she entered, she slammed his door shut behind him causing him to stop his jam session.

"Woah, woah, sis I love you but, this is my fortress of solitude,"

" I think I like Jughead Jones and I'm freaking out," she exclaimed in a panicked voice. Manic smirked, putting down his guitar.

"I knew it," he said victoriously. "But you do know he's liked you since the third grade, right?"

"Nows not the time to joke around, Manic." She said angrily.

He threw his hands up in defense. "Speaking the truth over here,"

Lola groaned and flopped beside him on his bed, face first.
"What am I gonna do?" She whined with her face buried in his thick blankets.

Girls Manic thought, placing a hand on her back. He began to rub her back gently. "Why don't you just tell him how you feel? I guarantee you that he feels the same way."

Lola lifted her head up, giving him a deadpan look. "Are you crazy? Then he's gonna know!"

"Don't mean to be a smart ass but that's kinda the point" he sassed, earning himself a pillow to the face. She turned her body onto her back and stared at the ceiling. Manic laid beside her, looking upwards. There was silence between them for a couple of minutes. Both had time to reflect on different things. A relaxing silence, if you will.

"You know," Manic spoke up. "Jughead is probably the only guy I know will make you happy....after the hell you've been through with McCall, I think you deserve this,"

Lola looked at her brother as he gave her a small smile. "I do enjoy his company,"

Manic moved a hair out of her face. "You see? I'm no love expert but that counts for love, right?"

"In such a short time?" She asked. Manic shrugged.

"I never said I had all the answers but love does work in mysterious ways and sometimes, it can happen when you lease expect it....and maybe, it was meant to happen," he explained, thinking for a second.

Lola looked at him again, seeing the sincerity in his eyes. And....love?
It was like he knew the feeling.

"You sound like you're speaking from experience,"

Manic didn't say anything for the next 6 seconds, still thinking. But then he rose up from his bed with a groan. " I sound like Scott and Allison, that's what I sound like...a damn romantic novel, is more like it."

Lola giggled. "You really are gay for Teen Wolf,"

"The gayest," he said with a smirk, picking up his guitar again.

Lola thought of something. An idea.

So she hopped off his bed and ran out the door.

"Where you going?!" Manic yelled after her.

"Finding Jughead, I'll be back!!" She gelled back.

Manic smiled a little, strumming his guitar.

"Damn I'm good."

This was just a filler.

But how'd you like it?

Comment your reactions and love❤️

And did I say double update? I meant triple!
You guys deserve it! Thanks for the 17k reads❤️😉👏🏼

Don't forget to vote and comment!

See ya!