─ xxxii. mad hatter

Outfit for now ^

Outfit for now ^

"In the case of Dr. Gregory Herrera, how does the defendant plea?"

"Not guilty in reason of insanity."

Lola sat in between her parents with her fist balled up in anger. Her brother was not insane. He was far from it.

"Well, I hereby sentence young Manic Joshua Montoya to 4 years in Saint Maria's Mental Facility," Judge Rosen said. "If he poses no threat to society before hand, he is granted early release only after being evaluated. Case dismissed."

The bang of the gavel made her jump as the police started to escort the emotionless teen out the court room. Lola looked, eyes watery as Manic didn't have any emotions to his face.

But then he glanced right at her, making her jump at the sight of his once golden eyes. They were now almost black. And just like that, he looked away, disappearing off passed the doors.

Lola didn't hear her mothers sobbing or her fathers angry words. She just wanted her brother back.

-

"Mr.Montoya, I'm Dr.Jareau your new psychiatrist." A pretty blonde lady introduced herself as Manic sat on the couch inside the mental facility. He had only got there late afternoon and he hated it.

"You sure you wanna be my doctor?" He asked, roughly. "You saw what happened to the last one...."

"I know you won't kill me."
She said, fixing her glasses.

Manic scoffed quietly.

"Mr. Montoya, just know I'm here to help you through this,"

"I already said this," Manic said, leaning forward. "Manic's dead..."

"Do you honestly believe that?" She asked genuinely. Not trying to come off as mean or trying to make him uncomfortable. She genuinely saw a good kid. A good kid who obviously needed help a long time ago. "I look at you and I don't see a killer....I see someone who wants the help."

Manic rolled his dark eyes. He didn't need some wacko shrink telling him he had a mental disease. Manic, maybe. But not him. He was perfectly fine. "Well, if Manic were here, he would gladly take the help....but he's not here....he died when Jason died."

Dr. Jareau sat up straight at his choice of words. Why did he keep referring to himself other than his actual name? Multiple personalities, perhaps?

"Well whoever you are, it looks like you care about your sister and Jason enough to show pain."

"I love Lola....that's something me and Manic have in common." He said. "I would do anything for her, she's my other half.....and as far as Jason goes, he was my brother. My best friend....when Manic was too weak to take all the pain and guilt, I stepped in. I made sure he didn't remember anything. Manic is wicked.....but I'm much worse."

Dr. Jareau then knew this would take longer than expected.
But she was the facilities best doctor. And she never gave up on any of her patients. Manic was no exception.

Sorry this is just a filler.

Next chapter, I'm falling into the tv plot a little. Just to show you guys I can stick to the show while writing the Montoya's own story.

The whole purpose of this book was to follow the shows plot but also adding my own twist because if I just decided to add in the characters and not give them their own issues, that would be boring and it's been over used in the in many other FanFiction.

I mean yeah, they can help find out who killed Jason Blossom but they also need their own story. Just like all the other characters are dealing with their own personal issues, Manic and Lola have theirs. So does Jack, Caramia and Geovani. (Which I will reveal in the later chapters).

Anyways, hoped you like it.

Make sure you leave a comment and send love! I love hearing from you guys!

I'm also sorry for hurting you guys last chapter. Happier chapters are gonna come soon. Also Maronica is still a thing. I just want to ease into it. One couple at a time.

See you on the flip side 😍❤️