─ vii. torn threads

( chapter seven! )
─ when it was us....nothing mattered

nothing mattered

"Alright, class we'll continue this tomorrow!" The teacher said as the bell ranged. But none of that was heard due to Manic staring Archie down. He is hiding something, he could feel it. Something big. "You know anything about Jason's death, Archibald.....You better tell me," He said in cold hard tone. It made Archie nervous and even more guilty. His secret with Ms.Grundy was weighing heavy on him and he was losing sleep over it all. And now Manic was just adding on to the guilt.

"Hey, Speedy," Lola's voice broke him away from his stare. "You coming?"

She stood by him, looking at Archie as if to say 'Go before he turns back'

Archie took the hint, really well. He hurriedly gathered his stuff. "See you,Manic, Lola" He said, leaving quickly out the classroom. Manic looked at her, questioningly. "Why'd you do that? I was waiting for an answer!"

"Because, I know you," She said, tugging at his arm. " You're gonna go all sleuth on me and torture students for answers on Jason. Let the police handle it,"

Manic followed her out the classroom to their next class with a sigh and an exasperated expression.
"I'm serious, Lolo. I just can't sit around and wait for these bullshit police to do something,"

"And I understand that, but right now there's a killer on the loose and I'm not gonna risk you getting hurt or worse because you wanna be Sherlock Holmes," Lola said with a heavy expression. She didn't want her brother to be hurt. Not like Jack. "I'm not gonna have you end up like Jack,"

"Hey," Manic said in a hushed voice, looking around them to make sure no one heard anything. "I'm not gonna be like that psycho okay? You gotta trust me, Lolo. You always do,"

Lola nodded her head, letting out a long breath. "He said the same thing and look what happened to him,"
"We're not gonna get caught like him, okay?" Manic almost growled out. "Mom says he went crazy and that's that,"

"But do you honestly believe someone who had his life together could throw it away after one day like that?" Lola questioned. "Either we didn't actually see what we saw that night or mom has been lying to us,"
Manic had no comeback to that. She was being truthful. Ever since that night, Caramia had been very rigid about them. More so protective.
Lola walked into their next class without words or without waiting for him to reply. Manic, however, decided at last minute to skip class and run over to the nearest boys bathroom. Everything was weighing down on him. Jason's death, the investigation, Lola mentioning Jack. Everything. It was beginning to be too much for him. He was always so good at hiding his true feelings, it was like a part time job but now....he just couldn't for some reason.

Everything just hurts. He misses Jason. Hell, he even miss Jack. Both were the best guys he knew.
Now they were gone and the guilt was just stabbing him. Guilt and sadness. Ugh, he hated it.
He hated these emotions. If truth be told, he wished he could die just so he won't feel them. But the fact that Lola was his anchor, he didn't do anything about it. He was grateful for her. But right now, he just needed a release.

So he sat in that bathroom stall and cried.
He cried silently.
Something he hadn't done since he was a kid.

Uh oh....Why does Lola feel guilty and suspicious for Jack?
How do you feel on Manic crying for the first time?
WHO DO YOU THINK IS JACK?!
Let me know in the comments!!
Are you excited to find out??

Well the second part won't be updated until next Saturday because I am out of town right now.
So!!!
Comment your current ships, favorite parts of the story, favorite lines, and characters.
And are you excited and curious about Jack??
See ya, on the flip side!!