─ xxxv. high times

"Manic Montoya!" called the hospitals guard as he walked into the very very nice common room of the facility. It had a pool table, a huge balcony, all sorts of games and a huge tv in the corner of the room. Manic, who had just took medications to keep him from slipping out, sat on the plush red couch with a coffee table filled with candy and other stuff in front of him. He was too busy drawing a picture in a big sketch book one of the doctors gave him.

"Yeah?" He called back, not looking up.

"You have a visitor," he said, getting closer. Manic scoffed, coloring the picture in.

"I don't have visitors,"

"Well, you do now."

Manic sighed and looked up. What he saw was shocking. He saw Jughead there, standing next to the guard, looking around.

"Stiles?" He said not actually believing him. Jughead looked at him, pursing his lips.

"Call me when you're done." The guard said before walking off.

-

"You know, for a mental facility, this looks like heaven on earth for a teenager." Jughead said, sitting on the couch across from him. Manic nodded, his face had no emotions.

"Well, wait a while, the meds suck."

Jughead sighed. He looked back at Manic almost nervously. He knew what he was about to tell him would get him a lot of heat.

"So how are things here?"

Manic shrugged, crossing his arms.
"I fell in a hole..."

"That sucks?" Jughead said, not sure how to respond to that. Manic chuckled. He loved confusing him with Teen Wolf references.

"I'm kidding, I'm actually doing great here," he said genuinely. "I'm thinking about cutting my hair....I know it's only been a couple of weeks but...I am actually happy here."

Jughead could see he was happier there. And that was a good thing.

"So why are you here?" Manic asked.

Jughead sighed, scratching the back of his head. "Your brother, Jack.....does he work with my dad?"

Manic straightened his back, frowning a little. "How do you know about him?"

"Archie came into Polly's baby shower mad at me and Lola and-"

"Polly's pregnant?" He cut him off, scoffing loudly. "Well, I'll be damned....Jason really did knock her up, send my regards."

Jughead nodded. "Anyways, my dad is responsible for a lot of bad things, mainly revolving around Mr. Andrews right now and your brother his is top hit man."

Manic sighed, leaning forward. He knew this would come.

"So wannabe Ian Gallagher found out and he's mad at you and Lola..." he paused, thinking for a second.

"But why would he be mad at her? She knew nothing about this."

Then and there, Forsythe Jones the III felt like the biggest asshole in existance. Lola really didn't know what was going on and here he was, pissed at her for something she didn't know about. And it didn't help matters that Manic was good at reading people...he was too good at it.

"Jughead....what did you do?"

Jughead sighed, leaning forward. Moment of truth.

"I....kinda thought Lola lied to me about it." He confessed. "And I haven't spoken to her in about three days because of it."

Silence.

That was never a good sign for the Latin boy. And Jughead was at the receiving end of it.

Manic sat there, leaning back. His face in a bit of a confusing frown. "....so, you, Jughead Jones the III, hurt my sister because you thought she lied to you......" he trailed off. Jughead sighed, here we go.

"You have any idea how dumb you are for telling me this?"

"Look, a lot had been going on, okay?" He argued. But Manic didn't give two shits about his excuse. As far as he was concerned, it was a stupid ass excuse.

"I don't give a fuck if you were dealing with hemorrhoids, you seem to forget our deal when we first met," he spat out sternly, folding his arms. Jughead remained silent. He deserved this. So he said nothing.

"You really gonna let that fake ass Ed Sheeran get in between you and my sister?" He asked rhetorically. "I'm telling you now, Stiles....Fix it or when I get out, I'm finding you."

Preach Manic!

As you can see he's getting better and he's happier. That's a good start.

His role in this book until he gets out is like a wise advice giver but don't worry, he's gonna still be a bad ass.

So comment your reactions and love ❤️

See you on the flip side 😊