─ xxxiii. mad city

Outfit of the chapter ^

"So Jughead got himself in trouble and sent to the police department and no one bothered to tell me?"

It's been a week since Manic was sent to the mental asylum outside of the town. Lola hasn't been the same. She hadn't seen her friends due to the press and her missing her brother. The next week, Lola decided to not be too sad and be updated with her friends.

"Well, I wanted to call you but...." Betty trailed off, careful not to mention Manic's name. "You were going through enough, it would be selfish of me to do so."

Lola nodded, running her fingers through her long and black hair. "No no, I understand."

Jughead pulled her closer to him by the waist, allowing her to lean in to his chest with her head. "I told Betty not to tell you," he confessed. "You had a lot to handle with Manic and....you know"

Lola looked at him, barely grinning. "Thanks for that but next time, tell me what's going on."

Jughead pressed his lips on her forehead.

"So your parents want Polly but not the baby and the Blossoms want the baby but not Polly," Lola said, going back to the topic at hand. She let out a breath, head already hurting. "That's a true Gordian knot."

"It's an impossible situation," Betty said calmly but anyone can see that she was stressed out by it.

"Betty, come on." Veronica said with a small smile. "An impossible situation is being invited to both the Vanity Fair Oscar party and Elton John's Oscar party on the same night,"

Kevin looked at her, resting a hand on her shoulder. "Which happened to me one year, I know." She finished, making him widen his eyes.

"I get invited every year," Lola said, drinking her frappe. Kevin nearly fainted on the spot as everyone else looked at her with a shocked look.

"Every year?" Jughead asked, incredulously. Lola nodded as if it wasn't a big deal.

"My mom knows the owner of Vanity Fair, they were college friends and my dad actually fixed up Elton Johns house a while back,"

"Please tell me you get to have a plus one," Kevin pleaded, dramatically leaning on her shoulder causing her to giggle.

"I was thinking," Lola suddenly spoke up, after Kevin raised up from her shoulder. "What if I get my mom to plan a baby shower? We can have it at my house and I'm sure Mrs. Lodge would help plan it out."