─ xxxiv. birthday blues

School Outfit^^^

School Outfit^^^

"This is Jones..."

"Hi, this is Jughead's girlfriend, Lola Montoya. You don't know me but I was wondering if you would like to meet up with me, him and my best friend, Betty for his birthday." Lola spoke over her cell phone then next morning before school. Jughead's birthday was near and she wanted to do something special for him. She even got him three gifts.

"Does he know you're calling me?" FP asked, suspiciously.

"No, I wanted it to be a surprise." Lola replied, sounding hopeful. She hoped he would agree so they could have time to bond and maybe better their relationship. "I just think it'd be good to have you around and-"

"If there's one thing Jughead hates, it's his birthday" FP chuckled humorlessly. "The kid never even had a birthday party..."

Lola's face turned sour. He never had a party? That made her feel so bad. She really wanted to do something for him. "Never?"

"Mhmm, anyways the best present I can give him right now is to stay away, but thanks for calling."

Before she could say anymore, he had already hung up. Lola sighed and picked up her big purse. That was a bust. She wondered if something happened between the two of them beyond the alcohol abuse and other things. But she figured that he'd been through a lot so she wasn't gonna ask him.

-

"Anyway, enough about my drama," Veronica said as her Betty and Lola hung out together that morning. "Lola, you were saying something about Jughead's birthday party?"

"Yeah," Lola said, shaking her head. "It's just that, Mr.Jones said he never had a birthday party and I was thinking we can have a surprise party for him."

Veronica beamed at that idea but Betty was reluctant by the idea. "Um, no no,"

"That's a fantastic idea, Lo." Veronica praised, throwing her arm around her shoulders.

"Jughead doesn't like his birthday," Betty warned.

"Everyone says that and doesn't mean it," The brunette retaliated. "Lola, it's a beautiful idea and he'll love it more because it came from you and I know his blonde bombshell best friend is gonna help."

Betty still looked reluctant as Lola grabbed her hand. "Come on, any excuse for Veronica to wear a cute party dress, she'll take it."