─ xxiii. gallows

( chapter twenty three! )
─ This party is pretty dead, if you ask me

"I'm sorry, Bets," Lola said, sadly. The next morning, Betty told Manic, Jughead and Lola what happened between her dad and her. And it was truly sad to hear. The twins can relate wholeheartedly. They have their experience with siblings gone bad.

"Yeah, we can really relate." Manic mumbled, sitting down on the couch. Betty and Jughead frown at that sentence. But Lola gave him a quick look.
That made him quiet down.

"What do you mean by that?" Jughead asked, looking at both twins a little suspiciously.

"Uh...nothing, nothing at all." Lola stuttered, playing with the straw of her large caramel ice coffee. "It's...uh...nothing at all, right Manic,"

Manic paused, looking at her and then looking at Betty and Jughead and then back at her. He sighed and shrugged. "Yeah, nothing at all." But Jughead, being an already suspicious person, felt like they were lying. It might not have to do with anything about Jason but something big.

"Anyways," Betty said, drawing the attention back to her. "I asked my dad if I could call Polly. He said she was doing better. But then, when she heard about Jason's death, she had a big set back. He doesn't want to risk another one."

"Why does a rich kid sell drugs?" Jughead asked.

"Please, Jason might have left this world a raging dick but he never had the balls to be a drug dealer," Manic shot down that question real quick. Lola made a disagreeing sound. "Maybe he did it and only Cheryl knew,"

"Let's just say that he was selling them," Betty pacified. "He was running away from his parents."

"Yeah, probably." Jughead said, standing up and walking around. "Or drug dealers."