─ xxxi. bloody manic

"Manic, it's been so long...." Dr. Herrera said, looking at the young boy in his office. He didn't believe it when his assistant said his old patient wanted to visit. Looking at him, he sees he's grown up. But his eyes held so much darkness. Black rings were noticeable around his eyes and he looked a bit out of color. Like he hadn't slept for centuries.

"I came here to uh...." Manic mumbled, sitting down on the chair in front of his desk. "I came here because I know that if I asked my parents what really happened, they'd lie to me."

Dr. Herrera frowned a bit in confusion. "What do you mean?"

Manic sighed. He ran his fingers through his hair shakily. His demeanor seemed frigid and his expression held something a sad animal would have if it we're scared and confused.

".....what's wrong with me?"

"There's nothing wrong with-"

"Don't lie to me!" he cut him off in a loud voice.

That made the doctor jump but quickly straightening his posture.

"There's something wrong with me......and you're gonna tell me!"

Dr. Herrera sighed, massaging his temple. He knew exactly what he was talking about. He told Geovani and Caramia that he needed to go to a mental hospital. He told them! But they didn't listen.

"Son....listen, what I have to say....you're not gonna like."

Manic shrugged. "What have I got to lose? I'm already questioning my sanity, I'm having terrible nightmares, all of them in blood."

"......" he paused, looking at him with a blank face. "You were diagnosed with IED....which commonly pairs with bi polarism with involuntary narcissistic rage. You have violent spells to which it causes you to lose your memory."

Manic paused. His air supply gone, his heart shattered. So what Jack said was true. He did have IED. He started to hyperventilating, hands started to shake violently.

"W-What are you talking about?"

"But don't worry, it can be treated." The Doctor said calmly. "All you need to do is get yourself checked in to Saint Maria's mental facility and they will take good care of you-"

"No!"

Abruptly, he yelled, swinging his hand and causing a glass vase to fall and break on the floor. Dr. Herrera jumped back as Manic stood up, shaking his head. "No, I don't wanna go....I don't wanna go."

The doctor stood up and walked over to the shaking teen. "Manic, Manic....listen to me, you're gonna be okay."

He gently grabbed both his shoulders, making him look him in the eyes. "Manic, listen to me, you're gonna be okay, there are people there who can help you-"

"I said I'm not going!" Manic yelled viciously, picking up a letter opener from the counter behind him and plunging it into Dr. Herrera's neck 15 times.

The doctor stumbled back, holding his neck as blood filled his mouth. His eyes widened in shock as he stumbled back. Manic look at him in shock. It was like something deleted in his mind.