─ ii. i don't dance

( chapter two! )
─ I would've been more evil

        The assembly was a bore. Well, at least to Lola.

But sitting with her brother and his friends made it somewhat bearable for her. Cheryl announced that the dance will still be on in honor of Jason Blossom. But anyone who knew him, like Manic, knew he was a self-entitle dick who drove Polly Cooper to the looney bin. He reason why him and Manic got along was because they found a common interest in putting fear in others.

Also he said something about "Twins gotta stick together, you know?"

Maybe that's why Cheryl wanted to be her friend. Because they were rich and were twins. But Lola could care less about that. She really wasn't her friend. She just hung out with her because she was fun. The only type of fun in this boring town.

Lunch time came around. And after History class, she needed food or else she would pass out. She could sit with Cheryl and her idiot followers but she didn't feel like listening to them squeal on about cheerleading and boys.

She saw Manic over near the steps, joking around with his friend who were considered popular. But she didn't feel like being around so many boys.

Lola sighed, looking around. Trying to avoid eye contact with the red head.

Then she saw someone on a laptop, sitting in the far corner by himself. He was dressed in all dark colors and his beanie looked like a crown.
She thought 'what's the hell?'

Jughead typed away on his laptop, minding his business. He was still thinking about what happened in the assembly. Of course, everyone was buzzing about the dance. But he didn't like dancing. It was a waste. No one ever dances there anyway.

They usually go to get drunk or high and then go to Cheryl Blossoms house for a generic after party. It was the same as last year and it's gonna be the same this year.

So why bother?

Besides, Jughead was content with being by himself ever since him and Archie drifted apart. Did it hurt him? Of course it did. But that was a while back.

He's not hurt anymore. Just....accepting. Nothing more, nothing less. What can he do anyway? He chose his path and Jughead is on his.

"Hey," a voice brought him out of his thoughts. He looked up, expecting to see Dilton, who often bothers him nowadays, but was taken aback when he saw Lola Rose standing there, holding a lunch tray.

Jughead's jaw dropped. She actually acknowledged him. She actually knows he exist. This was the best moment of his life.

Lola, however, looked at him weird. He had this shocked facial expression stuck on his face which was laughable and cute. But after awhile, it got awkward and annoying.

"You gonna sit there and gawk all day or are you gonna let me sit?"

That seemed to snap him out of whatever he was in. He shook his head and quickly closed his laptop. "N-no, you can sit here if you want, I'll leave."

As he started to pack his things but was stopped by her hand, which was on his elbow. "I didn't say you could leave...stay here."

Jughead blushed, letting out a shaky chuckle. He sat back down as she walked around the table and sat next to him. He expected her to sit across from him, not next to him. But he wasn't gonna complain. Not at all.

Lola planted herself next to him, setting her tray down. Why she was being nice to him? She couldn't tell you. He just had that kind of face, she guesses.

She noticed him typing before and decided to ask him about it. To defuse the awkward moment.

"So, what are you working on?"

"I-I'm working on a novel," he stuttered out, still shocked that someone like her would sit next to him. Lola grinned, suddenly interested. "Oh really? What are you writing about?"

"It's about this summer," Jughead sheepishly shrugged. "It's nothing special."

Lola leaned on her hand, looking him in the eyes. She could tell he was a shy fellow. And mysterious. And that peaked her interest in the loner.

"No that's cool," she complimented, causing him to look at her with mild shock. "I mean, your writing, it's cool you'd have to let me read whatever you have at sometime."

Jughead scoffed silently, "You wouldn't happen to be at Pop Tate's during the dance, would you?" He said sarcastically.

Like she would ever hang out with someone like him. Someone who spends his late nights and free time at a diner, eating hamburgers and writing.

"Yeah, I would," she replied quickly. Jughead looked at her, surprised that she was serious. Lola chuckled a little.

"I don't like dances anyway, and my brother and his friends are just going to Cheryl's anyways so why not hang out with you?"

Jughead swore he almost cheered out. The girl of his dreams wanted to hang out with him. Like actually hang out with him, Forsythe Jones!

"Uh...um.." He stammered out, blushing harder. Which made Lola want to laugh at how cute he was. "Uh...yeah yeah, sure,"

Lola smiled a him, taking his phone from his bag and entering her number.

"Well, here's my number," she said, typing in her number in his phone. "Text me what time you're gonna be there,"

She handed him back his phone, in which he took back slowly in shock.
Lola stood up, after hearing the bell ring. "See you around, Jones," she winked at him before walking off.

Jughead watched as she walked over to her brother, who was looking at their exchange with his friends, in complete happiness. In just only a few minutes, he managed to get her to noticed him and get her number! He didn't even try!

Now he couldn't wait for the night of the dance. He had something to look forward to.